Virtual Flannel - Pocket Beats - PO12/14/16 only album OUT NOW!

Hey fam I have released my PO only album Pocket Beats! Peep here! Hope you dig it!

https://virtualflannel.bandcamp.com/album/pocket-beats

groovy!

Yes. Dig it

Cool.
I too believe that the PO are slowly becoming the center of my installation, I can reach intersting sounds sooooo quickly !

Very nice track man.
You sharp is so well placed, I appreciate :slight_smile:

Thanks for listening dudes! Check back for more soon! All comments/posts/favs/tweets/shares etc greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

oops

oops

https://soundcloud.com/virtualflannel/sub-atomic-particles

New Jam for your Saturday!

https://soundcloud.com/virtualflannel/fly-away

Another fun new Jam with the Pocket Operators! Let me know what you think fam, and if you have any questions!

Nice one man. Are you recording these with all 3 synced together at once or tracking out one at a time?

I actually had a hard time getting levels right when mixing them all linked together. I also tried tracking them out one at a time, but this also sounded weird to me, too maximal wall of sound. I’m using an app called trigger box to sync them all. With a knock off Belkin splitter acting as a mult. Then I have all the PO’s going into the cheap passive vintage Sony mixer I cop’d for 20 bucks at a pawn shop. I actually quite like it, like a lo-fi summing bus. I also use the individual volumes on each PO along with the mixer to get lives just right. Then its hit record and hope like hell I’m able to get something good without totally ruining what I was working on in the process and totally destroying the track!

I love your PO songs @Virtual_Flannel, they take me back to the time when I used to play Sonic and Toejam & Earl on my Genesis/Mega Drive… :slight_smile:

I actually had a hard time getting levels right when mixing them all linked together. I also tried tracking them out one at a time, but this also sounded weird to me, too maximal wall of sound. I'm using an app called trigger box to sync them all. With a knock off Belkin splitter acting as a mult. Then I have all the PO's going into the cheap passive vintage Sony mixer I cop'd for 20 bucks at a pawn shop. I actually quite like it, like a lo-fi summing bus. I also use the individual volumes on each PO along with the mixer to get lives just right. Then its hit record and hope like hell I'm able to get something good without totally ruining what I was working on in the process and totally destroying the track!

Thanks for the description… I don’t even have mine yet, but I’m thinking of all these ways to hook em up!

I actually had a hard time getting levels right when mixing them all linked together. I also tried tracking them out one at a time, but this also sounded weird to me, too maximal wall of sound. I'm using an app called trigger box to sync them all. With a knock off Belkin splitter acting as a mult. Then I have all the PO's going into the cheap passive vintage Sony mixer I cop'd for 20 bucks at a pawn shop. I actually quite like it, like a lo-fi summing bus. I also use the individual volumes on each PO along with the mixer to get lives just right. Then its hit record and hope like hell I'm able to get something good without totally ruining what I was working on in the process and totally destroying the track!

I find it hard to cope with all three together. try splitters. send the sync through and send the audio to the mixer

This is great!! Sounds so much like an old NES GAME! Did u make this track with them synced or did u use the op1? @virtual_flannel

try splitters. send the sync through and send the audio to the mixer

My method works perfect for me. instead of splitting the audio and sending the sync through I split the sync and each audio output is free. Really happy with this method. Also using the iPhone as a master sync source is a huge bonus as I don’t have any volcas to clock to.

This is great!! Sounds so much like an old NES GAME! Did u make this track with them synced or did u use the op1? @virtual_flannel
Thanks they seem to really have a chip tune vibe! These tracks are all PO only! No external effects or processing, except for light itb mastering. And syncd as mentioned above.
I love your PO songs @Virtual_Flannel, they take me back to the time when I used to play Sonic and Toejam & Earl on my Genesis/Mega Drive... :-)

Awe man I gotta cop Toejam and Earl, I have the second one but it’s not that great, although there are beatbox battles which are dope.

^ Yes, I had the first one where you run around collecting presents and avoiding the bogeymen! :slight_smile:

Such nostalgia/ one of those games my brother wouldnt let me play! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXPPxZYHcEs