What are you using the velcro donuts for?

We know some people don’t like the velcro rings on the back of the OP-1 Field, but this isn’t the thread for you!

Velcro lovers, what are you sticking to your synth? I’ll start. I made a dual stand for my OP-1 and OP-Z.

That’s an old Digitakt/Digitone stand that I bought from local classifieds.

6 Likes

keeps it from scratching the table top. Works for me.

The little rubber feet already do that for me.

1 Like

But do they keep your lap cozy? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

But baffled why they stuck the ring on the OpF instead of the TX-6.

5 Likes

That’s a really, really good point. The leather backing on OP-1F would be a realllly nice finishing touch, and the Velcro on the TX-6 would come in super handy, given it’s size. I have yet to have the urge to stick my OP-1 to… anything?

4 Likes

I haven’t found anything to stick it to yet myself either, but I’m very much interested in what other people plan to/are doing with them.

I suggested to a friend, who is a house husband, that he could use it to stick the OP-1 F to the top of the pram, for tune making on the go

4 Likes

Brilliant :rofl::rofl:

OP1F fits the open space on Blofeld Keys really nicely. I haven’t actually applied the included Velcro donuts yet though. Not sure if I want to lose that part of the original packaging… so I may just fashion my own.

12 Likes

It’s like they were made for each other

4 Likes

For some reason it reminds me of Dr Evil and Mini Me…

4 Likes

At Amazon, there are Velcro units with exactly the same dimensions. Really cheap. I bought them at Amazon Spain

3 Likes

I was wondering about this. Looked like a perfect fit, glad you confirmed!!!

I wonder if it’s the same for the STVC

1 Like

In case anyone was wondering, TE plans to have spare Velcro donuts (new favorite phrase) in stock to sell eventually:

2 Likes

sorry for being cynical but they have added a perishable component that no-one really desired…of course they will have £15+ velcro ring replacements in stock soon enough. So will your local hardware store for £2.

3 Likes

can’t see that beautiful op-f sliding off your blofeld, no need to get velcro tacky anytime soon, unless you plan on playing in some dutch-angle Batman set.

1 Like

You’re right for normal use the rubber feet are adequately grippy. But we must at least consider abnormal use…

1 Like

If I had an OP-1F I would consider snagging a Keytar off reverb and gettin wild with it

Edit: who’s to stop me from Velcroing my OG and going for it! Oh right, my wallet…

And also not wanting Velcro on my op-1 lol

1 Like

I doubt they will be as cheap as 15 euro, I am going to guess a minimum of 20.

2 Likes