What is your OP-Z battery usage?

@RisingSon said:
I’ve seen that too…but it shouldn’t mean that they can just bull$%@! people.
If they say “specifications are subject to change” I think it would be decent of them to actually change the specs on the website, rather than having the customer find out for themselves what exactly they spent their money on.
While I think the disclaimer usually has some force, the fact that battery life is so critical to a device like this would seem to weaken it. You do have a point. The importance of a long battery and the large discrepancy between the initial claim and the final reality does seem to have warranted an obvious correction, at least to prevent any customer from being misled. It could have been an honest oversight, however, or due to some other mitigating circumstance. But on the face of it, this does seem like a bad move.

FWIW I sent an email to support today about the battery life (and sample loading issues), mine also seems to have only like 4 hours or so

Well that’s hugely disappointing. Just got mine yesterday and also noticing the battery drains pretty quickly.

to be clear. r y’all actually using your opz until it dies? or maybe there is some low battery warning message?
r u using it w/ the screen or without?

op1 battery meter can show only 1 dot but i’ve had it last for like 10 hours on that last dot before actually shutting off.

I used it until it shut down a couple of times. I didn’t recall seeing any low battery warning. It just shut down…poof. But actually I have to admit that I REALLY fell in love with the device. Learn to use it standalone. You get results fast. The navigation gets really intuitive. The battery charges unusually quickly too. Which is a good side i guess.

I don’t own one, but I’d suggest to try to charge the device for a longer time than an hour, maybe try charge it for a night?

It was obvious from about a month ago and after the numerous delays that TE had to release the opz asp and hope for the best. All the problems thay had could not have been resolved in a month. They take their costumers for granted and thats a very dangerous thing. Personally i find the fact that the battery last 4 hours instead of 20+ a total discrase. Its false advertising and if it was not for the “obsession” people have for the company and are willing to forgive anything , everyone would have sent their unit back. Imagine buying a laptop , tablet etc etc and te battery lasts for 4 hours??..what would any sane person do??

@stepanok said:
It was obvious from about a month ago and after the numerous delays that TE had to release the opz asp and hope for the best. All the problems thay had could not have been resolved in a month. They take their costumers for granted and thats a very dangerous thing. Personally i find the fact that the battery last 4 hours instead of 20+ a total discrase. Its false advertising and if it was not for the “obsession” people have for the company and are willing to forgive anything , everyone would have sent their unit back. Imagine buying a laptop , tablet etc etc and te battery lasts for 4 hours??..what would any sane person do??

The thing that irks me the most is that they could have just told the bold thruth and people would have still bought it. Why lie? They are disappointing people while they just could have said: YOU CAN ONLY USE THIS WITH AN IPHONE and BATTERY LIFE IS A MINIMUM OF 4 HOURS and we probably would have still bought the thing. Instead of twisting around the subject saying ‘you can use this with the device you most likely have in your pocket’ or just flat out lying with the ‘4 atlantic flights’…

3-4 hour battery almost sounds like a bug in the firmware. It’s difficult to believe. I sent an email to simon @ teenage.engineering inquiring about the battery life; we’ll see if I hear back. Never tried to get ahold of TE before but I can’t imagine it’s particularly timely.

I’ve been able to tolerate a lot of baffling design decisions with the OP-Z but this would be a pre-order killer for me.

@Ekman said:
3-4 hour battery almost sounds like a bug in the firmware. It’s difficult to believe. I sent an email to simon @ teenage.engineering inquiring about the battery life; we’ll see if I hear back. Never tried to get ahold of TE before but I can’t imagine it’s particularly timely.

I’ve been able to tolerate a lot of baffling design decisions with the OP-Z but this would be a pre-order killer for me.

So if , lets say , you got an answer that yes we are looking into it and the battery should last 12 hours, would you “believe” them and not cancel your order?..After all the bizzare twists and misinformation the last 3 years i dont trust them…3 years is a long time and they supposedly delayed and delayed its release to GET EVERYTHING RIGHT ( their words not mine )… Well even the printing is wrong in the models and the answer “you have a limited collectors item” is insulting

Can I just check -Is the battery draining in 4 hours when it’s connected to a screen or 4 hours solo?

Also people are referring to 1st batch/ 2nd batch. Do you think retailers will be provided with the 2nd batch? Eg with adjustments and imprints etc.

@LushHigh said:

@stepanok said:

The thing that irks me the most is that they could have just told the bold thruth and people would have still bought it. Why lie? They are disappointing people while they just could have said: YOU CAN ONLY USE THIS WITH AN IPHONE and BATTERY LIFE IS A MINIMUM OF 4 HOURS and we probably would have still bought the thing. Instead of twisting around the subject saying ‘you can use this with the device you most likely have in your pocket’ or just flat out lying with the ‘4 atlantic flights’…

Yes they could. But they didnt…and for me that says a lot about the company

Are those having issues on the latest firmware? Any on the old firmware with no issues?

I’m already on the new firmware.
Testing battery life as we speak/type with video recording.

On the Facebook group (op-z users) someone said that he didn’t have any problem with the battery but he’s running an old firmware…

Did an overnight charge on USB w computer. After I did an hour long (timed) with one sequenced project playing on the device speaker. And the app running a sequenced motion track via bluetooth on iPad. After 60 minutes the app showed 81% charge. Since I already tested a full drain and I haven’t seen any lag on the few remaining leds that show battery charge. The battery might get now a full 5 hours running the app and internal speaker. So, there is hope for at least one trans-atlantic flight on standalone mode. Ha! Please run some tests of your own.

what if u use it w/o the app?
surely the app/bluetooth would take some more juice
but i sincerely doubt u would all of a sudden get back 16 or so hours of battery
just by turning off the app/bluetooth

@DJ2D said:
On the Facebook group (op-z users) someone said that he didn’t have any problem with the battery but he’s running an old firmware…

I mean, nobody is having a ‘problem’, it’s just expectations/promises not being met.

The op z is not even on the TE store anymore???

the opz was never in the TE store tho.
the preorder page was always separate.

fwiw, the pages are still there u just have to google or know the exact address and type it in.
like the preview page and the preorder page.