what to do when the battery life is over?

after two years the batteries need to be renewed (from what I read ) but no explanation what to do ?

must I send the OP to Teenage or the OP can work only with current ,how is it possible ?

dont worry too much I purchased my OP1 in August of 2011 and battery is still going strong!

Same here… This is totally false information. Batteries are rock solid !

The meter may be not always totally reliable, but I can still jam for 10 hours with my 5 yrs old OP-1 :slight_smile:

regardless of how long. lithium has a shelf life. I guess well find out. im never getting rid of my Op1. somebody on the forum once documented taking it apart. basically you pop a couple keys and they hide screws then you pull the whole keybed off. battery is connected by a little snap in connector. should be a very easy fix when the time comes. but yah my op1 is five years old and still rocking!

thank’s for all your answers,teenage also told me I can return the OP to them and for 100 eur they will

replace the battery and soon there will be a guide on ifixit.

100 EUR for a fucking battery change??

Nope.
thank's for all your answers,teenage also told me I can return the OP to them and for 100 eur they will

Do it yourself, I opened my OP-1 and replaced the speaker. It`s a little bit fiddly, but better to save the money. I mean it depends how much the battery costs…

When you ask TE you want to DIY’ it, they will give you instructions!
thank's for all your answers,teenage also told me I can return the OP to them and for 100 eur they will

Do it yourself, I opened my OP-1 and replaced the speaker. It`s a little bit fiddly, but better to save the money. I mean it depends how much the battery costs…

When you ask TE you want to DIY’ it, they will give you instructions!

Off topic but anyone know if it’s possible to DIY upgrade the memory size?

It’s built in the DSP chip iirc.

Guess with there being hard limits coded in the OS for the max mount of user patches etc it wouldn’t really benefit to have more memory anyway…

maximize the internal memory from 512 MB to 1 GB would be nice. and also the ram. 64 mb to 128 mb. but only if it can double the recording time to 12 minutes.