What's your favorite iPad DAW?

Luckily we have choices! ; ^ )

i realize this isn't really the point of the thread, but i've been growing fond of using my sp404 as a master recorder / pseudo-DAW (not really a DAW) of sorts. I hadn't been able to jive w/ any iOS DAWs, and have been going further and further away from the computer.

so instead i started using my SP in this fashion w/ my ipad and other instruments to cobble together songs.

record some stems or parts into the SP, resample them together, mangle w/ FX, then resample a few more times adding some compression and EQ if necessary, kinda mastering stuff. then pop the card into my computer and export. viola! finish business.

i think the DAWs for the Pad take away alot of the fun of creating for me for some reason. so i really like how the SP keeps it organic and fun, while still being able to finish up tracks and stay productive on that tip.

anyway, yea not an actual app, but just some of my own thoughts to share.

@strata189 I argue that mixing down on an iPad is equal to mixing down on a computer. So while size plays a major role in the difference between the two, I think it stops there. I am not sure why you wouldn’t use a device with a more accurate pointer.

@dimi3 are you saying mouse vs finger, or stylus vs finger? The stylus I have is the Adonit Jot Pro with a soft plastic disc on the end. By the time I get it to the right angle, I could have been there and moved on using my finger. A mouse is okay, just tired of holding one. It’s really just whatever you prefer.

most audio guys I know actually use atrack ball.

Probably a good idea! But I like sit on my porch out in the country, light up a good cigar, and edit me some music. Lol

I often refer to my back deck as Studio B :slight_smile:

For me, the iPad is bridging the gap between a mouse and keyboard and actual hardware. The iPad feels a little more tactile to me, tactile but limited. So It’s obvious that it can not entirely replace a pcs DAW at the moment and I don’t need it to. It’s just another facilitating tool to make music. Whether you treat it as your main hammer and drill is entirely up to the artist. Now, If we are talking professional production, then I think the blurred lines solidify a bit more.

@Tarekith I like that : )

@Kites Well spoken!