Who is taking their OP-1 on holiday?

I'm not going on holiday BECAUSE I have an OP-1! Couldn't afford both so I reckon a l made a good choice.
Cheers, me too!

Good investment!

I got it just for holiday and other days as well! I got the case and take it with ipad mini and LapAxe guitar everywhere I go. MobilLite g2 is great for backup and ipad mates well. Zoom h4 if I want guitar fx/mic/maybe a few more tracks…

Got it pretty much exclusively for mobile music-making. Will be a great master for my Volca sample, iPad and sound recorder.

I’ve taken mine a few times, including a cross country (USA) train trip. It was fun. Recorded a crappy little EP on that train ride and used the OP-1 in a small tabletop noise jam with some friends in Chicago. Also had fun playing it (especially with radio) as we rolled through the deserts of Utah. I even took the OP-1 with me when I played a Noise Fest in Florida last year - not as part of my stage set, but just as something to play with in hotels and airports.

So I’ve taken it on holiday but doubting it will be in my next trip (doubting there’ll be room, even for the OP-1).

I’m often taking it in my bag, even if I don’t use it, on weekends and holidays if it’s not so far :slight_smile:

Always take it on hols. With the wifi hotspot Kingston thing and the iPhone so I can save all albums, tapes, drums and synths. No laptop involved, all battery powered. Smooooov

Wooohooo, I need that please, what do you use exactly ?

I'm often taking it in my bag, even if I don't use it, on weekends and holidays if it's not so far :)
Always take it on hols. With the wifi hotspot Kingston thing and the iPhone so I can save all albums, tapes, drums and synths. No laptop involved, all battery powered. Smooooov

Wooohooo, I need that please, what do you use exactly ?

As Ghostly606 explained above, get a Kingston Mobilelite wireless G3 which is a wifi hotspot to manage file transfer from the OP-1 to your hotspot (or phone) memory. File transfer operation is managed from your smartphone. Great invention. No internet connexion, no laptop needed.

Going to Italy with field recorder + OP-1.
Maybe also some another tiny synth such as Volca or PO
8^B

So far I have played with my OP-1 only two evenings… Fire Emblem is way to addictive! >_>

Hmm this is quite disappointing… I finally got around to play with my OP-1 on holiday and it crashed? I haven’t used it much since I got it… Is this “normal”??? I am running the original OS it came with, not the leaked beta…

Hmm this is quite disappointing... I finally got around to play with my OP-1 on holiday and it crashed? I haven't used it much since I got it.... Is this "normal"??? I am running the original OS it came with, not the leaked beta...

My OP-1 hasn’t crashed yet but it seems to not be a huge deal.
See minute 3:26
https://youtu.be/_uxxo07LxQA

@brandon

Nice video! Because of the way the OP-1 works you don’t lose much work when it crashes, but crashes like these would keep me from performing live with the OP-1…

I’m back home from holiday now, I didn’t use the OP-1 as much as I thought I would. I am really used to a midi sequencing kind of work flow and still need to get used to the OP-1 tape and find the OP-1 sequencers fiddly to work with… at the same time I do like how the OP-1 is different from all my other gear which leads to unique results :slight_smile:

OP-1 is the holiday toy par excellence !

I just hope my children will let me play with it once in a while ^^