Why the os of my new op-1 is #244 beta

Very cool man, I think you’re lucky that looks like a severe manufacturing defect but a very interesting one, I would not be surprised if in 10 years time this unit will be worth more than a regular unit!

hopefully no more clicks and pops while recording the external input, that’s the main reason I’m still on #242. #243 would have been a great update if it wasn’t for this major issue!

1 Like

Thanks for keeping this issue present - the TE Support team treated me like I was the first person to ever mention this problem and in case of the “fix” not working I need to send in the unit cause it’s defective…

2 Likes

Hi,

My brand new OP1 is also 244, I did not see that and tried installing the latest 243 update from their website thinking that would make me “up-to-date”.

Now my OP1 is not booting up anymore except in TE-BOOT :(((

1 Like

Have you tried uploading a different firmware other that 243? Maybe 242 or earlier would work?

It being brand new, you should be opening a ticket with TE

Hi, I do have the same problem. Stupidly upgraded it to the 243 and the screen went blank, tried upgrading to other versions, tried all of them and still no dice. Have you managed to find a fix for this? I have emailed support asking for the 244 firmware file, but still no response.

Thanks!

Hey guys
I email the Amazon and they told me my Op-1 was a brand new one.
But Amazon accept my returning request
I have returning my "#244 brand new"Op-1. :joy:

1 Like

No response either regarding getting a #244 patch for my OP1, they copy/pasted what’s on their website in their answer, so I returned the OP1 to Amazon too!

Will get a second hand one from a friend who used his only twice, for 2/3 of the price of a new one so it’s a story that ends well in the end haha.

3 Likes

I’ve emailed them and got a response with a new Boot file, however after I added it via disc mode, my boot loader stopped working and all I can do is play the synths with the blank screen. They also didn’t quite understand how it was possible for me to have the 2.30 te-boot version, so they found my case very interesting, and hopefully it can be resolved soon.

1 Like

So they don’t understand that their product is SOLD with TE-BOOT 2.30 and Os #244? That’s concerning to say the least!

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle: what they doin over there….?

1 Like

When I visited in 2015 they were brewing their own beer to take part in some local competition

5 Likes

Couple weeks later and they’ve sent me OS #245 to try!

2 Likes

!! Strange and interesting!

would you mind to share the OS?

1 Like

This sounds dangerous. It’s not meant for public release and may brick OP-1’s.

it won‘t :slight_smile:

I’ll try if you could send it :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

I would also love to try it out, maybe it’s gonna fix some quirks I’m having with version 243!

3 Likes

Yeah - me too :slight_smile:

2 Likes