Wild speculation about Nothing Ear (1) and OP-Z

maybe carl pei knows more about insides of indian market and targets some specific demographic. it has been done before with an android phone:

carl pei probably just uses teenage engineering brand recognition as a kickstart influence for a new tech brand. like this playdate by panic.

ehh i really want a bluetooth receiver implant in my head. some kind of simple internal bone conduction speaker in the scull. that would be so nice.
i have been using these for 5 years now

so far i know they are still worlds smallest, and nothing sticks out the ear. after 5 years the battery in them is still strong, although i do have 4 pair sets.

Marketing Agency: “You can’t hype nothing”
Nothing: “Hold my beer”

2 Likes

Nice to see the OP-Z behind Marques in the MKBHD episode.

all the reviews for these are very very good, which makes me wary (ie; insta go360 2). Gonna hang back until they get in the ears of daily users.

That clear plastic body seems such a questionable aesthetic choice…

My Shure SE846 headphones have had clear bodies for years. I think it looks pretty nice and people ask me all the time what brand they are (then gasp at the price). I think the Ear1s will be pretty popular based on how they look alone.

that charging case looks almost like an ipod package. i have always reused them as a storage box for random crap, and they always looked ugly after being scratched up. i agree, its a questionable choice.

Sold out in about a minute. I couldn’t even process payment.

I got to checkout in the first minute and you could only ship to the UK. Maybe that was already known, but I didn’t know.

They had a us shop, too.

1 Like

That’s where I tried to purchase and it wouldn’t accept a US addresses in the US store. At least not with Google pay. The US store also didn’t have an option to buy for me until about 2 min past the pre-order time. It may have been a bug that I experienced. Oh well. I don’t really need to waste money on another set of ear buds essentially because I’m caught up in the TE cult. I already pre-ordered my playdate earlier this week. Maybe it’s just karma for me being too greedy.

1 Like

This stem player would be an awesome module on the op-z - could totally imagine those sliders on the back of the op-z, manipulating them without needing to look. Could be a great answer to the op-1’s tape tracks, or even just volume sliders for designated tracks.

1 Like