Will Teenage Engineering go into modular?

TE made the Oplab to interface with everything, and I don’t really see them getting deeper into modular beyond that in the immediate future. OP-1 update(s), Oplab updates have kind of started again thanks to @Jon, the OP-Z, an assumed third PO trilogy for next year… their plate is really full already.

I’d rather see them come out with something as powerful and robust as an Elektron box. I love the OP-1 and the POs are cool, but can you imagine what TE could release at twice the OP-1’s price?

op1 in euro format would prolly sell fairly well. nothing really comparable.

op1 in euro format would prolly sell fairly well. nothing really comparable.

I don’t see the OP-1 working in that format. Everything about the OP-1 is so integrated. I guess you could wrap it up in something like the Moog Mother32 but you’d still lose so much of what makes the OP-1 unique, much of which is being this ultra-portable thing you can just pick up and turn on and play (like I did this morning when I was putting off going to work).

I could see TE making something in Euro format, but I bet it would be unique, like the Pocket Operators. Or like how Bastl’s Eurorack stuff bears little similarity to their Microgranny/Trinity line (ie, even the grandPa module is not just a Microgranny repackaged as a Eurorack module; and their Trinity eurorack module doesn’t generate sounds like their Trinity synths).

If TE were to get into modular/eurorack, I imagine they’re a long way off. I think I read somewhere (probably on this board) that they have plans for 3 more Pocket Operators, probably coming next year. And they’ve got the OP-Z for next year as well.

v/oct for synth control. audio in for mangling. tape and drum samples(with a couple triggers/) whats so hard to understand about that. i think when most people think about Euro they go off the deep end. thinking every paramater needs a patch point. i honestly dont want TE to make this just thinking about how its fills a void that does exist. personally i prefer as you say their integrated things. they are great “instrument” designers and comply with no ones rules. including eurorack.

dont get me wrong i would love patch points on everything(that adsr is sweet.) as is though my op1 fits into my modular just fine and i have no need for a euro version.