Win any Elektron ! Science Lab Challenge

Great initiative by Elektron, would be cool if there was a prize for each machine category, I like that they are being strict on the rules as it creates a level playing field, also like that Elektron are judging it rather than some lame social media vote rigging tosh.

+1
:slight_smile:

A battle with only one sample is the perfect exercise to get deeper in a machineā€¦

Iā€™ve just discovered that you can trigger only once a LFO, and use its speed to have a precise control over the attack of a sample !
The trick is to assign a user LFO to the amp volume and design it to fit your need while playing the sampleā€¦

SHUGOI !!
:smiley:

I finished something (even captured my sysex). Donā€™t think itā€™s winning material, but I had lots of fun doing it :slight_smile:

I finished something (even captured my sysex). Don't think it's winning material, but I had lots of fun doing it :-)

Same here. Gotta gotta remember to grab that sysex tho JIC. Going to be rad to listen to all the entries!

what are you guys on?

I have both the OT and AR, spoiled me, but decided to go with the AR this time. Thought I could use the practice more on the AR.

AR

Yeah, @VF, I didnā€™t want to procrastinate on the sysex dump because Iā€™d never done one before and was a bit scared of the process. Was pretty simple though.

@josker - Iā€™m on the MDUW.

Now that Iā€™ve done one, Iā€™m going to try hard to do another. Need that AR!!

Some of the entries posted on the Elektron thread are awesome. There was a drumā€™nā€™bass one on the AR that was pretty amazing!

Anyways, I did this practice tune (MD):

https://soundcloud.com/yoof-1/bada-bada-sss

And this was my real entry (MD):

The Curious Case of 3000239 by - yoof - | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Donā€™t think Iā€™m going to be winning any prizes! But had a lot of fun doing them :slight_smile:

Nice work Yoof! Ya that DnB AR one has me squirming!!! Iā€™m waiting for Elektron to post all the songs before I share mine, Iā€™ll make sure to share it here and around the web they post em up! Figured out the sysex thing and sent the file in. They said they would share any sysex files provided I think, so peeps can peep how I got down.

Did mine today, first time I have used the OT in about 8 months so was a bit rusty at first, but soon got back into the flow of it, although took me about 15mins to find the button combo to add slides, hah!

Some great tracks posted so far, a great showcase for Elektron gear!

Maybe TE should do a competition too!

Tssss, i abandoned like a cowardā€¦ Couldnā€™t reach the point where I was OK with the result :frowning:

Learned a lot though !
I really have to practice a lot before feeling comfortable on OT.

My main mistake was to try to recreate something instead of letting the flow decide I guessā€¦

I actually got mine done, too. I was convinced I wouldnā€™t get anything finished this week, so itā€™s already a great success. Iā€™m happy I didnā€™t end up obsessing over the track or some details, I just let go. And Iā€™m happy I did it on the AR, as I really need to get more familiar with it. A very informative process, this was.

Getting stuck on details and obsessing: Itā€™s really a thing I actively have to avoid ā€“ it sucks all the fun out of making music if I start to worry about shit.

Anyhoo, looking forward to the big exposĆ©! Nice track Yoof, canā€™t wait to hear yours @Virtual_Flannel and @darenager !

I completed a submission with the Octatrack.
https://soundcloud.com/lymtronics/mistaken

It would be great to see some OP folks in the top three.

This song isnā€™t as clean as I wanted, but I just kept getting more tired and the takes kept getting worse. I managed to record the performance within the octatrack itself, one of many tricks I learned during the lab. A wonderful experience it was, and an invitation to view our beloved machines in a new light.

Really good stuff @Lymtronics! Glad you got a submission in too. Loving the hector bass and the rollinā€™ hats.

Hell yeah, would be great if an Operator made the top three. There are some seriously good entries over there. Canā€™t wait till theyā€™ve uploaded everything to a soundcloud set.

great track @Lymtronics. Itā€™s pretty amazing how far away the sounds are from the source material.

Ah f**k it, I thought Iā€™d hold out but Iā€™ll just post it here ā€“ Iā€™m just glad I got something done :slight_smile:

ah damn, can't embed... https://soundcloud.com/misnaps/challenger-deep-2

Hey @josker! That is really good! Great sound design, fella. Way better than my entryā€¦ which Iā€™m now pretty embarassed about!

Keeping my fingers crossed for the op-massive.

Thanks yoof!

thatā€™s really nice of you. I just listened to your and Lymtronicsā€™ tracks and thought my tune is way too, uh, chippy :smiley:

But yeah, in any case it was really fun!

Great tunes guys, here is mine https://soundcloud.com/daren-ager/octatrack-darenager-pursuits

Congrats @darenager for the well-deserved semifinal spot!

The winner was a nice tune, you can see why it won - Very well thought out production on that one.