Win any Elektron ! Science Lab Challenge

http://www.elektronauts.com/topics/view/11073

Sheesh, op-1 battle by day, elektron battle by night!

#DustsOffOctatrack

No resampling. Shit just got real. I assume that’s so the MD and RYTM (mostly the RYTM, I think the MD-UW can do resampling with RAM Machines?) can compete in a sample war with the almighty Octatrack.

That’s right @KrisM, RAM machines is how the MD does resampling.

Just downloaded the sample… it’s Hector saying “We’re not talking about a simple looping device” - class!

lol nice…

Sux that you have to have an elektron, to participate, to win an elektron. Bummer.

Daddy needs an Analog Keys! Think I’ll be a bit handicapped with my RYTM going up against Octatracks, but gotta give this a go!

Think I'll be a bit handicapped with my RYTM going up against Octatracks, but gotta give this a go!

Yeah, go for it! Apparently, they will choose one MD entry, one Rytm entry and one Octatrack entry for the shortlist, and one of those will win. I guess there will be more Octatrack entries than MD / Rytm, so that might help those brave souls who dare to go against the Octa!

@Tribrix yeah my thoughts exactly

I had a hell of a night, waking every hour to write a thought… So far I have a decent drumkit, a killing bass, a landscape and a ton of ideas :slight_smile:
I think I needed such a challenge to get deeper in my understanding of the OT.
But more than everything, it’s sooooo exciiiiting !!!
:smiley:

Do they ever open up these competitions to non-Electron users? I would love a chance at owning ANY piece of Elektron gear, (can’t afford otherwise). I mean, isn’t the point of company competitions to expand their brand awareness?

Hah, just jealousy thinking out loud. -_-

@LyingDalai, sounds like you’re on a roll. I got as far as loading the sample on the OT and looping Hector saying “We’re not talking about a simple looping device” :wink:

I think tonight I might load the sample onto the MD to see how that fairs (16 tracks, freely assignable LFO’s). It might be a fairly decent tool for the job!

@yoof OT is very powerful, but 16 tracks would be soooo useful !!

I need/want a polyphonic synth for my track, so I will have to gather percussions on the same track : I hate this !
And as I used the 2 track effects to design some cool snare/kick/bass, I feel that I have to save one track for master or neighbour…

@Kites : I got my OT for 800€. It’s a lot of money for me, but I think it is really worth it. Plus you can get rid of a lot of gear with an OT on your side…
Have you considered buying one piece of Elektron gear and then return it at the end of the month ? ^^

+1 @LyingDalai the OT is a beast. Any Elektron is really, just because if all you had was one, it’s all you really need for finished material.

If I was forced to pick between an OT and an OP-1 and have it be my only electronic instrument, I’d actually have trouble deciding.
Do they ever open up these competitions to non-Electron users? I would love a chance at owning ANY piece of Elektron gear, (can't afford otherwise). I mean, isn't the point of company competitions to expand their brand awareness?

Hah, just jealousy thinking out loud. -_-

They had a competition a few months back. They have away an A4 to the first person who could identify a garbled sound clip from one of their youtube vids. That was of course open to anyone. The contest ended in like 1 minute haha. They had a weeks worth of sound clues and it got figured out immediately. I think they wanted to get more bang for their buck with this one. This way they get people coming to their site to peep all the tracks and what not.

Man, I am totally amazed at what I was able to get with the RYTM. This was an inspiring exercise, I made by far the best track Ive made on the RYTM yet! Now I’ve learned a tonne of tricks along the way.

I tried out the MD tonight (definitely the way I’m gonna go) and came up with a banging skeleton of a track. Super excited to have made a start, gonna quit while I’m ahead for tonight though.

Ahah I managed to have Hector saying my name !!!

Hell, I cannot seem to go forward, it’s rather hard to achieve what I have in mind, I think I’ll let go and twist a little jam instead…

Great initiative by Elektron, would be cool if there was a prize for each machine category, I like that they are being strict on the rules as it creates a level playing field, also like that Elektron are judging it rather than some lame social media vote rigging tosh.

Wishing I still had my MDUW, would be great to try with that, I’ll be using my OT for this one as don’t have a Rytm.

Used to love doing the science labs on the old EU forum, I compiled my faves into an album.

Good luck to all who enter!

@KrisM yeah tough call on OT or OP-1 both awesome, I feel a new thread coming on…