Your OP-Z Tracks

Hey guys! This is my very first post on OP Forums :smiley: I got my OP-Z a couple of weeks ago after owning (and falling in love with) an OP-1 since last November.

This is a live mashup of Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish and Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper. All of the synth and drum sounds are coming from the OP-Z, and I’m using the OP-1 for vocal looping and light fx on the vocals. Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

In case you’re curious, I use a Zoom H6 as a mixer, feeding in my OP-1, OP-Z, and Perform-VK (my voice box). From the Zoom H6’s Line Out I run an iRig into my phone to capture audio and the top-down camera angle. I use a mirrorless digital camera for the front view and cut it together on iMovie, though next time I’m going to try using DaVinci Resolve so I can do some color grading.

Oh, and I’m on Instagram @selsey._ <3

xoxo

4 Likes

OP-Z digitally recorded, no processing:

Just a first step…“learning by doing”

2 Likes
2 Likes

A Trance inspired live-set with the OP-Z

1 Like

Making more beats on my tv remote…:rofl:

Made this song on the opz and recorded some bass guitar over it. There is some post recording processing with a kaoss pad and abelton. :v:︎('ω’:v:︎ )

2 Likes

Here’s a quickly whipped up track where I tried to make a couple kits from the direct mic on the Z. I sampled a bunch of random watery hits on my Hydroflask water bottle as well as some random notes on the kalimba. Sort of a mellow vibe with some glassy percussion. I also used the arp track to kind of make a shaker-type sound, I’ve been enjoying using that track for things other than traditional arpeggio sounds.

2 Likes

The Z did all the heavy lifting on this track. Dusty space cadet beat with some vocals/synth voices swirled in. Enjoy!

1 Like

Here’s my playlist of mostly OP-Z tracks - many of which are also gonna be on my all-OP-Z and PO-33 album “voyager” that drops November 1st :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I frequent a FB group called Hardware Jams, which have a weekend challenge at the end of each week.

This weekends challenge was Glitch, so I naturally turned to my OP-Z to get the work done. I was inspired by the vocal annotation form from India called Konnakol. It’s a way of describing polyrhythmic patterns without writing it down. Much like we describe different notes with tan, ta, takka etc. but much more advanced.

Of course it got quiet chaotic so I tried to rein in a beat with help from tape track and punch in effects.

It was a really fun challenge!

1 Like

Here’s my first foray into sampling with the OP-Z. The vocals are chopped from the start of my friend’s performance of Agony (from Into the Woods).

2 Likes
1 Like

If anyone else is on NI’s Metapop, I’d love to get connected there. I’ve been working on a full OP-Z album and will be posting updates on that platform for any interested in the process. This will be the title track to the project: https://metapop.com/davnak/tracks/trancendence/73939

1 Like

a bit late, thank you very much :pray:
for drums i was using full drumkits (mostly OP-1 kits) on every drum tracks instead of only Kicks / Snares / etc… i was using almost all functionnalities (at the time) to use 1 pattern for 1 song, a lot of the breaks are punch-in effects that are really more interesting using full drum kits in my opinion, i couldn’t stop playing with them… :v:

Okay, man, that’s an awesome idea of just making each track it’s own drum rack. That’s ingenious. Thanks for getting back to me.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B3uwGFdgatO/

Threw this quick little thing together, still learning where all the buttons are :cowboy_hat_face: loads of inspo on this thread though thanks all xoxoxoxoxo

2 Likes