1st? Yellow flap replacement required

fell asleep and it went for a tumble. Bad karma after my moaning about op-1 price hike. The switch still works but i want a quick alternative/back-up solution. Any ideas?

Oh no :see_no_evil: !!!is the tab just bent off the knob or did the whole thing shift into the unit???

Such a bummer! That switch is my only main gripe with the OP-Z, which is perfectly rectangular in every way except for the switch. I’m always afraid I’m going to break it.

Somebody named /u/Eidra on Reddit is prototyping some replacement knob designs. If you can’t get a replacement from Teenage Engineering, this person might be worth reaching out to.

Thankfully its just the externalflapend thats crooked. Thanks for the link pwenzei!

(btw, that little Omeril clip led lamp came yesterday. £7.99 amazon)

3 Likes

Nice one Flom! They look pretty cool. As much as i dig the original yellow one im thinking of trying to pick up something less plastic. Whats the name of the the fitting that it slips over? Do you think thats a standard piece ie; would i be able to get something via a hardware/electronic components shop? Cause there is no way TE will charge anything less than £10!

They’re amazing! Are you selling them?

these are the ones mentioned in a post above. I dont make these.

in case anyone`s interested in a odd substitute, this has been working really well for me, as bizarre as it seems…

the little rubber stoppers that prevent the metal rail scrapping the radiator

2 Likes

Excellent !

didn`t take a spare on holidays and lost the damn thing. Thankfully a cheap biro is very versatile!

5 Likes

Hi Jim, the exact same thing happened to mine. Teenage Engineering said I could buy a new button but how do I get the old one out? Do you just pull it out? I don’t want to do any more damage, but not super keen to open up the sealed insides.

thanks!

Just pull it and it`ll slide out, easy as :slight_smile: Curious to know how much they are asking for the replacement…my guess is 10ish euro.

5 euros. Seems like quite a bargain for Teenage Engineering! They sent me a link but it was broken. I’ve asked for a new link. When I get one I’ll send it through, if you like. Best wishes, Nick

1 Like

nice one, cheers Nick! (and yep, that must be the cheapest item they sell :slight_smile: )

have you got it yet Nick?

No, I got a message from the TE people that they were rearranging their warehouse and would email me when they had the switch back in stock. See attached. I’ve just chased them for a new link. When they reply I’ll share it – or feel free to chase me again if you don’t hear. N

1 Like

Cool, cheers. Fingers crossed!

I have designed a slip case for the OP-Z to slide into but have had to halt production when I found out how prohibitive the cost of 3D printing a 1 off was going to be. Is this the sort of product the members in this forum would be interested in? Not asking for pre orders or anything just canvassing for opinions atm, like would you prefer it to cover all the OP-Z or just the 1/4 with the power switch to save on cost, if at all. Be good to hear some opinions on this.

Cheers

I’ve received a working link from teenage engineering.
5€ per volume knob, and then you have to pay 11€ of shipping fee through UPS for a plastic piece that could be send through a simple letter. :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: