ℬÅ✞✝ℒℰ 56 + Emoji-usic

Hello all! First my sincere apologies for the delay. Lets get this battle going… sound the drums.

Guide

We all have a favorite emoji.

1. Lets start by picking 3

2. Sample a sound that relates back to the emoji. ( For eg. :smiley: - Sample a laugh ) Doesn’t have to be quite as literal

3. Weave a sonic story together

Please make sure to share your emojis + samples separately and present in whatever way you think does
best justice to your work.

Rules

1. Max 2.5 Minutes
  2. No external effects
  3. No prerecorded samples longer than 3 seconds
  4. Do not use your favorite scales or patches
  5. Final master done in the OP-1
  6. No DAW
  7. Describe (shortly) how/what you recorded and used.

Please post your submissions to this thread by end of Sunday 7th October. Good luck!

:slight_smile: Best of Luck!

Also how do I make this an announcement?

Hey @emote ! :slight_smile:
Seems you made a brief that fits your name !! :stuck_out_tongue:

You got to call @yoof or even @dimi3 to make it sticky, I guess…

Thought it’ll be interesting. @LyingDalai

So entire song must be made with an Op-1 nothing else, no outside mastering or arranging, JUST Op-1?

BUT we can use samples that are less than 3 seconds long? You say no pre-recorded samples more than 3 seconds long… so we can sample new stuff that’s more than 3 seconds long?

I’m ok with whatever the rules are, just want to make sure :smile:

You can, but the samples can only be of the emoji sounds :slight_smile:

Got it B)

Can I use samples from the inbuilt radio?

@mixrasta said:
Can I use samples from the inbuilt radio?

If it fits your emoji…

Problem solved: ?

Ha! Gute Idee!

LOL WONDERFUL!

STay tuned for “?”, an étude

I just wanna say awesome ?

Surprised no music has been posted yet :confused: If you’re like me you procrastinate until the last minute… I’m used to battles only being like 1 week long, so to be honest I just started working on this battle. I DID create an idea I really like this week, I’m just having a hard time expanding on it. That’s what I’m doin now, trying to make it into a full beat. Will make myself upload it no matter what tho! Even if I’m battling myself & the beat sucks!

I am still learning (by playing) how my new Op-1 works (in between working and other commitments, speaking of which, I’ve been on nightshift which tends to kill my vibe) I’m not sure if I’ll get a chance to do anything (as much as i would love to) before the 7th :confused:

I recorded and primarily used samples from the Radio.

I utilized only 3 seconds or less per sample, including the drums which are two different captures of a break from some Vinyl.

also from Vinyl is one of the vocal samples, which may be familiar to some if they are familiar with the Beatnuts.

otherwise it’s pretty much just snippets from radio recordings.

emojis = ??:heart:

Hell yea @kln
I LOVE IT!
Great work!

I will have cooked sth until tomorrow night. I just recorded my emoji :slight_smile: