Axoloti Appreciation!

You totally can test the patch from the patcher application, but you need to keep Axoloti connected to the computer while doing that. Axoloti functions as the "sound card" of the patcher. So it's not an issue IMHO, no fumbling with SD cards or anything like that when debugging a patch. And like @flybry said, once you have a nice set of patches, you don't need a computer to switch between them, you can use MIDI or GPIO.

ah, gotcha! Think I’m gonna order one :smiley:

Just put together the axocontrol and everything is working fine :slight_smile:

I was able to use two patches I found for the axocontrol in the library.

I wish they were a bit more organized.

Have you found any good ones?

whats the dsp processing limits on axoloti like?

how far can u push your patches?

Not too sure about the numbers, I’m very new to it but most of the patches I’ve seen only use 20% to 50% of it’s limit.

There’s a bar at the top that says how much you’re using and have left for adding things.

I’m sure the guys at the forum there can answer this pretty easily.

@Eli5 Double click for the add object page and type ‘axoc’ - there are plenty of patch and play devices. I found this out after learning how to make it from scratch but not as good hahah!

Good times.

@docshermsticks I am looking for that answer now.I’m wondering how big of a real synth can be emulated on the dsp. I have seen a few modules that take a lof of dsp but most under 30% easily.

Y’all got me GASing

Trying to figure out if axoloti or patchblocks is more my thing… Can’t find an apples to apples comparison.

Hey @vehka or @heatseekerrr - How do you send midi clock from the op-1 to the midi din out? I been stuck on this the most lately. I have a patch that passes the audio w/ a gpio volume know and 2 way midi between the op and midi i/o. Thanks!

Trying to figure out if axoloti or patchblocks is more my thing... Can't find an apples to apples comparison.

Patchblocks is pretty lo-fi. I think it’s 10-bit, 32khz (I may be wrong). Axoloti looks like it’s designed for more high quality operation. I still have fun using patchblocks though, it definitely has a purpose in my setup!

edit: also, patchblocks have the added bonus of being able to be chained, and things like the keyblock which add extra buttons/knobs. It’s perhaps a bit more immediate than axoloti since it practically is its own enclosure as well.

@pselodux thanks buddy. So what do you like to do with doz patchy blockies?

@ludicrouSpeed I’m mostly using mine for just basic effects at the moment, I built a rather simple yet glitchy digital delay/granular microsampler which came in handy for a nanoloop set I played last year. I also built a rhythmic gate patch that syncs to an incoming pulse and allows for the rhythm to be programmed by punching in on/off sequences using the buttons, fun stuff!
I may experiment with synthesis at some point but I’m getting a lot out of it as an effects unit.

@pselodux sounds cool. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hey @vehka or @heatseekerrr - How do you send midi clock from the op-1 to the midi din out? I been stuck on this the most lately. I have a patch that passes the audio w/ a gpio volume know and 2 way midi between the op and midi i/o. Thanks!

No idea @flybry, although that would be interesting to me too. Did you check this thread? http://community.axoloti.com/t/midi-clock-out-to-sync-extra-synth-thru-axo-from-daw/591

Yeah, I looked all over the forum and found that thread. Seems like its not there yet or no one made a modded object to pass clock.

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 7.24.48 PM

Easy peasy.....OP-1 midi thru to midi DIN plus midi clock to midi DIN. Now ill find a few good effect modules and save it as a template. Something like biscuit/mi clouds would be nice. I like @heatseekerrr 's hp/lp effect also.....

The fun begins!

Brilliant @flybry! Thanks for sorting that out! Can’t wait to try it. Been super busy lately but I have a jam session scheduled for next week with a friend of mine.

@flybry I never attempted to MIDI sync with the OP-1. Very excited to see what you are doing with your new patch!

The sync is working but the click is not rock solid with the mpc. I’m gonna try with different options (start, stop, song pos). I’ll post my template with fx this week. Big fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUCobsiBgoo&google_comment_id=z13jjhab3ueyg55ew23uzvnz0kjys10a404&google_view_type#gpluscomments

Axoloti used for effects at the end. I used the clouds module primarily and added a few filters and a reverb block. I can post a screenshot if anyone is interested but its really basic stuff lol.

Lmk what you think…