They say restriction leads to inspiration, so in this battle I want to challenge you all with a new kind of restriction.
I think the OP-1 is more of a production tool than a live-instrument. Still for this battle we are going to use it as a live-, solo- instrument.
Everyone knows an example of a virtuoso musician who easily entertains an audience on its own. You are going to try to do exactly that.
- (start with a fully empty tape) Edit: You can have short music snippets on you tape that you can play live.
- go to album and press record
- now play the synth engine, drum engine and optionally live loop with tape
- stop the album recording and upload as is
Edit: Apparently live looping doesn’t work with album because you can’t record to tape while recording to album. Instead you can record your OP-1 output to another device to do the live-looping performance. This is optional; you can still choose to live record your performance to album.
You may want to improvise it all from the start, or have it all written out or prepared beforehand (for example; programmed the sequancers and sounds, added long samples to the synth or drum engine or even constructed an mpc-style drum preset the way @liamkillenmusic described it in one of his posts)
- no external instruments allowed
- no post-processing except for trimming the beginning or end with a fade-in / fade-out or if really needed a small cut in the recording if your performance was perfect except for that very annoying small mistake you made (I don’t want to frustrate you!)
- upload your recording together with a description of the process. How did you prepare? How was it for you to perform? Did you trim the recording afterwards and if so why?
Please feel free to ask questions if the battle rules are unclear.
Deadline: 23th December 23:00 GMT +1
Good luck everyone!