Battle 30 Voting

I purposefully didn’t comment about who I voted for as to not influence other people. There is a reason the blind voting system exists. I voted for aeoner, by the way :slight_smile:

I like everything @aeoner ,apart from your rule on vote per comment. Seems very strict and could put off votes. (Nowt wrong with lurkers?)

I’m new here, I didn’t even know one had to say some words about the tracks…

I find this really great when people express their feelings about everyone’s song, even just one of them. I’m just clearly not use to express my feelings about music, for me it’s more a matter of… well… feeling.
I voted for @servando’s song cause this week I was in such a state of mind that this track was the one that rang a bell in me more than the other.
These last days have been really busy and I was in need of such a music.
I listen to aswefallintostatic’s songs a lot, as well.

Anyway.
As someone pointed out, more than an hour of music was produced for fun and shared for free.
This is actually very amazing.

And I haven’t found the time to come up with my song, although I discovered new technics like LFO on the green knob of the delay to get some weird effects, and some cool things with a flute sample… I guess I’ll finish this track asap and post it here anyway ^^

Last thing : to be able to express a rule, @aeoner, don’t forget that you have to win first !!
:smiley:

Workday is over, I’ll get back to my POs now.

Cheers all.

Congrats @servando! Looking forward to finding out what the rules are to the next battle.

@servando : Love the crinkles! and can’t mis the delays :)
@Poubelly : Your track was creepy! killer girls with princess dresses and shit.. good atmosphere.
@plasticdub : Like having a bad dream about dentists. brrr… nice!
@MUHR : Great! gave an 80’s feeling. cheap synths and corny loops. Just right! Liked it a lot!
@overseas territory : you probably love the blue knob in tape mode as much as I do! good work!
@Moedars : nice! I’m personally not a dub guy but I think you nailed this one!
@Eren Celik: made me think of Ultravox Vienna. love that era! Maybe I miss a bit of flavour. arround 1:28 I expected some sort of 8 note arpeggio sorta…like..
@HelloOperator : Best track of this battle! Love the flow and softness. If you called this track ketamine dreams I would have understood :)
@dj_KLN : Trap! love it. Lots of work man!! like the sliced up composition.
@SJ Gambler: VNV nation, XPQ21 style.. listened to that a lot. nice!
@zakguy: Was hard for me to listen al the way to the end. This has more to do with me as being a bit impatient. Sound selection is good as I also like the push in the drumline.
@yoof : Damn you always know how to program your drums! wow. your track is A to Z. and a finished product! Thanks!
@wingo: You start of very impressive. Made me think of a trap dance act in so you think you can dance! Really pushy and power full. This feeling left because of the too much effects and craziness. good start!
@Borden : wow nice droids! fully understand your track mate!
@Jethro Bagust: psycho crazyness! nice! I had a record in the old days I think it was called stereophonic. Your track reminded me of the time I used that one to scratch using my dads Dual pickup :D
@ape$robot: I liked the start but got lost underway. missed the ‘salt’ in this dish. You could have given the break @2:00 a bit more power.Good effort though.
cerfs_volants: Very cool! reminded me of my trip to Bali. much happening especially nice because I don’t hear this type a lot here!. Loved it! thanks!
@Made Up Monster: It gave me a brazilian vibe! football time. good and finished!
@aeoner wow nice track! like your all over filtering. this gives it a loft and tapedeck recording like feeling. Very good!

I dont think anyones that bothered about winning that they could rig events. Its a very light hearted atmosphere and we all learn from others here.I appreciate your opinion and glad you mentioned “subjective”. I’m always surprised by the way things swing and it’s half the fun for me (voting blind as a rule ,then observe at what ev else votes).

Agreed with @borden ,I dont like commenting too direct on my 1st place until late on ,as to not sway votes.
But I cant help bigging up some general feedback after initial listening.(-Your all winners for taking part).

Hi @kln and others.
Since you asked: the experimental glitchy atmosphere that starts the track is Dsynth controlled by tombola and the delay 1st parameter is controlled by the accelerometer. This is a kind of quantized parameter, so with high feedback it will produce this glitch like sounds, specially over noisy Dsynth, I repeated the process with Digital in the same track. the lenght of the loop is about 7 bars. this is in track 3. track 4 is the sine wave with a slow attack and long decay. medium delay and played live.
Track 2 is Fm bass (tweaked preset) w short delay also played live and track 1 are the simple percs.

@yoof, Since I read in the rules “use delay also in the master if you dare” I decided to use spring because it opens up the stereo in a nicer way than delay. Lately I use always the delay in the master to make some beat repeat tricks but in that track it didnt fit so good.

Cheers!

…ouch… Hate to have to point it out but someones got to.
It was a Delay only battle @Servando.

love that drum sequence coming out of the little dip at 2:38. nice kick sound. is that your machinedrum? the drum solo from 3:20 or so, sounds crazy with the subtle Delays...and then the synth at 3:46 is that internal?

Hey @kln, thanks for the comments, just wanted to answer your questions. The drums coming out of the little dip at 2:38 were from a drum kit I made from the PO-12 would you believe :slight_smile: …it’s in another thread / on my soundcloud if you fancied grabbing it. And I’m very happy you picked up on that synth around 3:46. That one’s a unison patch of Dr Wave (I think). It’s one (of a bunch) that I submitted to TE when they asked for patches for the new OS. The original patch has CWO on it, but of course, I took that off for this battle. Hats off to you on your track again, very cool!

Hey everyone I feel bad this has gone a bit out of hand

I thought it would be clear to everyone it was delay only:
"- Use delay(a little or a lot) on all 4 tracks ( and the master fx if you dare) no other fx are allowed"
I’m sorry if you misunderstood @servando
I feel we should have a re-vote
would everyone agree?

Personally, I’m just ecstatic that anyone voted for my song at all. I wouldn’t mind putting this bit of drama behind us and getting a new battle underway.

@borden true… a yes for me.

I also don’t mind putting the drama behind us and moving on.

I must apologize to all for using another fx… I didn;t realize that it was delay or nothing in the master until I did read the conditions again.
I would definitely go for another challenge asap!.

Well, I don´t think we need to re-vote. It was a great battle, with a lot of good entries, and we changed interesting ideas and techniques. Let´s move on?

@Eren Celik: made me think of Ultravox Vienna. love that era! Maybe I miss a bit of flavour. arround 1:28 I expected some sort of 8 note arpeggio sorta…like..

TBH I wanted to, (actually did,if you listen carefully there is a 8th note arp), I just couldn’t get it to sound right, I partially share your sentiment. On the other hand the higher notes might kinda pull you out of the trance.

As a side note:
This is the only forum I post in. (It is something I have written about in other posts.) It is for a rare but yet a very simple reason: There is no negativity.
There is no fear of trolling or flaming. Only the comfort of having the attention of enthusiastic “Operators”.This is an environment we all benefit from, a place we all are fond of. We are all the same guy in the same boat in the same damn sea.
Peace is a very rare around these parts gentlemen.

I would be unhappy if the lighthearted, fun, educational tradition of these battles was disturbed by competitiveness so ruthless that it led someone to cheat or earn votes unfairly. I also do not like the hostility being caused by the outcome of this battle, and consider it one of the only dark marks on this forum. I believe there was a misunderstanding of the rules, but it’s not the first time something like this has happened (perhaps the first time someone has won a battle in this way). I think we should move on to a new challenge that will produce more beautiful results rather than nitpicking and accusing and wasting time on another vote.