Battle 39 - Sample's Instinct

The only thing I did so far was recording my coffee machine... :-/

Cool idea !

Now I want to sample everything !!
:smiley:

I should try to sing, as well… I would love to know how to write fine enough lyrics !

You could write lyrics! Your vocabulary is already refined. Not sure about your singing and if it’s anything like mine well, you better not.
The other day I had all my music making equipment out and started playing to my 3 month old nephew. He was assertive and his eyes bolted attentively when he heard the chords being played. He looked so interested in the music. Then I sang and he started crying. The end.

https://soundcloud.com/edzillamusic/baglamacaw

I recorded sounds of Scarlet Macaws in Costa Rica and a bit of local dialog. I also recorded an acoustic Baglama Saz from Fevzi in Turkey using the built-in mic (holding the baglama saz in a very awkward position to get the sound port near the mic on the OP-1).

I couldn’t even finish an interlude for this one.Good theme and I enjoyed trying out the brief @quarantequatre ,but too much domestics.

Lookin forward to listenin to you guys.

Bummer, wasn’t even close to a finished track… work’s been killing me lately.

Next time guys :slight_smile:

Not sure if I close the battle right now, there’s only 5 tracks (but really good ones).

Someone else ?

Very nice submissions guys, I didn’t participate because I am not good enough at this but I will vote for sure :slight_smile:

I fold.

Very nice submissions guys, I didn't participate because I am not good enough at this but I will vote for sure :)

@Eti I think I understand what you mean, but as flat as it can seem, I do feel the need to underline that there's no such thing as "good enough to participate".
It's even the opposite : I'm participating precisely because I believe it is a very good way to get better, both on discovering the OP-1 and creating music. In my mind, deadlines and constraints are very strong forces for finishing a track, which is a victory in itself.
The vote doesn't establish a comparison between tracks, it's just each people's preference based on pure subjectivity... This community in filled with pure hearted people, and most of the voters are cool enough to give their opinion on each track, in a constructive way that give some enlightening perspective on one's own work, but also on other people's.

Such battles reflects this place finest spirit, and I invite anyone reading this text to give their best :)

I could not have put it better!

@LyingDalai is so right ! :slight_smile:
This community is Diamond

Word @LyingDalai

Fist bump @lyingdalai

Then I close or maybe give a bit more days ?

I added the submissions so far to the Ohpeewon Battles playlist:

https://soundcloud.com/ohpeewon-battles/sets/battle-39

Thx Yoof !

@quarantequatre I guess there won’t be other submission…
Let’s vote, shall we ?
(once more it won’t be easy…)

Thank you @yoof.

Let’s go voting then :slight_smile:

+10000 Excellent encouragement @LyingDalai .
It’s a top buzz taking part for sure.

@Lyingdalai I must say you are very persuasive :). I have no doubt about this community, I have been on this forum for a year now and never saw any drift from this warm and friendly spirit. I have spent a lot of time on others music forums (mostly guitar and bass) and they fall nowhere near in term of quality.

After this inspirational post you made I cannot not be part of the next battle I guess, so I will do my best :slight_smile:

@Lyingdalai I must say you are very persuasive :). I have no doubt about this community, I have been on this forum for a year now and never saw any drift from this warm and friendly spirit. I have spent a lot of time on others music forums (mostly guitar and bass) and they fall nowhere near in term of quality.

After this inspirational post you made I cannot not be part of the next battle I guess, so I will do my best :)

@Eti Ahah this is some talking !!

:smiley:

And yes, I really enjoy reading people’s thoughts in this place…
The way I see it, the OP-1 is a device that needs some “brain plasticity” + dedication to get the best of it, i.e. make do with the limitations and see them in a positive way, always look forward and get driven by the instrument sounds and interface…
Without wanting to start any religion, I would say that my deep belief is that the instrument nature is somehow reflected in this community constructive spirit.
:wink: