Battle 43 - Battle for Unity!

@LyingDalai - oops, forgot :slight_smile: done now

@LyingDalai When you say “No drum or synth sampler filled with external samples : drum + synth samplers only OK for resampling.”. It means we’re not able to use the factory samples of the OP-1 ?

Yes, exactly ! None of beta firmware magnificent community presets !

One of the aims of the Battle is to learn to create one’s own drumkit.
Or to use DBox, which is cool as well :smiley:

And non beta factory samples too you meant :stuck_out_tongue:
Love DB !

34 !

And non beta factory samples too you meant :P

Oh yeah right : I suppose one can use the community presets for the regular synths.

So : no sample-based factory presets :smiley:

If the entry I choose has drums in it, then I’m not allowed to sample the drums from the track?

@interpolate
"Along with the samples mentioned in rules above, use only internal sounds synthesized in OP-1 (metronome included)."
This means of course you can sample the hell out of the track you chose.

Relax, everything is gonna be fine !
:D

32…been a long time since I participated in a battle this should be interesting and fun.

3 … First time for me too !!!

Been a while since I’ve entered a battle. Might give this one a whirl!

#10 here.
  1. Never tried one of these but looking forward to the challenge!

@zach_aum, here are the options that come to mind:

* Play them on your computer / phone and sample them directly to tape using the white ear on the Op-1.

* Connect your Op-1 to the computer with USB and replace track_1.aif and track_2.aif in the tape directory with these files (calling them track_1.aif and track_2.aif). They would be overlaying each other in the Op-1, but you could then shift them around within the Op-1 by just lifting and dropping the audio from one part of the tape to another

Thanks man, i’ll probably just sample them right to the tape, seems easiest.

@zach_aum it’s better to drop the two samples as track_1.aif and track_2.aif : this way you’re sure not to alter the samples.
I should have made them 12" or shorter, I admit.

Would be cool if some nice soul joins all the entries up in Ableton after we’re done :slight_smile:

That’s the point @yoof, precisely the “Unity” of the title. This Battle is dedicated to this whole amazing community !

Cool, this gonna be a massive monsta track !
@LyingDalai, you’re saying that it’s possible to replace directly the tape files ?

Yes of course. Replace the existing files by one with the same name.

It must of course be compatible with OP-1 (which I still have to test for the provided samples, I reckon)

OK, forget the samples for now, guys : I’ll make them 12" so that they can fit a drum sampler + I’ll test them
:-B

Extra points for attaching a drumkit with the intro and a drumkit with the outro, @LyingDalai :wink: