Battle 43 - Battle for Unity!

Ahaha yeah, that’s an idea @yoof ^^

@LyingDalai so when can we expect the new samples?

Pressure pressure !

Well, I’ll try do get this ready today; if I can’t, tomorrow.
But you can already work on your sounds and drumkit :wink:

I can’t open the aif files you provided, I’m on my business computer, but even ableton says it’s an invalid format. Am I the only one ?

I´m in. Got 8.

I can't open the aif files you provided, I'm on my business computer, but even ableton says it's an invalid format. Am I the only one ?

You can’t right-click and save, that’ll give you files that are ~500Kb and doesn’t work. You have to log in to dropbox and download them I think, at least that’s the way I got it to work.

Number 3 here, let’s see if I have time to finish it this time:)

No you don’t have to log in to dropbox, you can just dismiss the popin.

But I’ll recreate these samples so that they fit the synth sampler anyway.
Sorry, I'm kinda slow. Still confused about the sampling rules

'No drum or synth sampler filled with external samples'
'You may use a computer for the only purpose of building your drumkits ("OP-1 drumkit utility" may be used for this)'

The first line implies that we can't make our own drum kits from samples, but the second line implies that we can?
I've made a few kits in the past from samples I've found/made. Can I use those?
I have one drum kit that's just noises from the computer game Doom. Can i use that one?
Also, I assume we can't use outboard synths and whatnot, right?

Rergardless, this is a great concept for a challenge!

@borden You’re allowed to arrange the sounds you’ve created with the OP-1’s internal sound engines (and the samples from rule #2) into a drumkit, using your computer and the drumkit utility. No other samples from external sources, and no sample presets from the OP-1. No external processing (except cutting the pieces).

But I'll recreate these samples so that they fit the synth sampler anyway
Great, that would make it easier.

Thanks for the clarification! Great rules

I got 5, sounds cool!

So here are the samples (as drumkits)

INTRO
OUTRO

Download them, and put them e.g. in “/drum/battle #43/” on your OP-1.
Have fun :smiley:

Please someone let me know if it works OK for you :slight_smile:

Should be good :slight_smile:

32! Looking forward to try this :slight_smile:

27; Looking forward!

@borden You're allowed to arrange the sounds you've created with the OP-1's internal sound engines (and the samples from rule #2) into a drumkit, using your computer and the drumkit utility. No other samples from external sources, and no sample presets from the OP-1. No external processing (except cutting the pieces).

Hey, also clarifying here, sorry about the constant questions haha. What does “no sample presets from the OP-1” mean? Like no drum kits from the OP-1? My plan was to sample the part from the battle number i received and then just build a song using the synth and drum patches on the OP-1, which was going to include some of the loaded drum kits. Is that not allowed?

@zach_aum you’re right. Stock drumkits or samples from OP-1 not allowed. Synthesize your own drum sounds with the OP-1’s synth engines (including resampling), and/or refer to rule #2 (a sample from the former battle entry).

@zach_aum you're right. Stock drumkits or samples from OP-1 not allowed. Synthesize your own drum sounds with the OP-1's synth engines (including resampling), and/or refer to rule #2 (a sample from the former battle entry).

Okay thanks for the help! Will be a challenge but it’ll be fun.

Exactly : the challenge is really to learn to synthesize and build drumkits from scratch!
A challenge indeed, but very interesting experience IMO :slight_smile:
Once you’ve built your drumkits, you can of course load them in the quick presets spots 1 to 8… But no stock presets !