2111 : To celebrate the hundredth birthday of the famous and still incredible OP-1, Jean-François Lelièvre and Hans Igel will be using this unequalled synth as the main tool for travelling into time and space. We remind you that S&T Race isn’t about finishing first, but reaching the end at the same time while taking the most elegant paths in time and space…
Choose two Tape tracks for JF Lelièvre and H Igel.
Pan them right and left (not necessarily full left/right).
Here are a few techniques that both explain the concepts and give some ideas :
- Tape mode, blue knob / arrows
- stutter effect (Tape mode, preset button 6)
- reverse effect (Tape mode, preset button 5)
- tape stop (Tape mode, preset button 4)
- break loops by setting loop start and end on the fly (Tape mode, preset buttons 1 and 2) and releasing it (preset button 3)
- use sample synth or drums engine with lfo on loop position to achieve granular effects
- different tape speed (Tape mode, white knob)
- reverse playback (Tape mode, Shift+Play)