- Remix: Create a couple of loops from the original, and delete the rest. Make a new song out of these + some OP-1 sounds.
- Modernize: Leave the original track as it is, but add some new sounds to the other three tracks.
- Deconstruct: Reduce the original to pieces (sample a short waveform in sampler, make a synth melody line resembling the original, sample a vocal bit, etc), and build a new song inspired by the old one.
- Decimate: Post-process the original by bouncing it repeatedly to other tracks with some added effects, until very little of the original track remains audible.
- Any combination of the above!
Awesome brief! Though I’ll need a year to sift through that audio pool…
I’ve spent a fair wack of time trawling through these 78s. Soooo many of them.
heres my attempt, recorded to album, OP1 only
hi all, quite new here but decided to take on the challenge to get to know the OP-1 better. It’s a little rough a round the edges but still wanted to put it out there. I’ve called it “Resurrection” and it uses the 20s jazz collection eubie blake - chevy chase sample https://archive.org/details/Free_20s_Jazz_Collection/Eubie_Blake-Chevy_Chase_11KHz.ogg:
@Teder aaahh this is great :D nice sample selection! Good idea linking the source material
Thanks @MirEko, I enjoyed listening to your other tunes on SoundCloud as well. Looking forward to the submissions of the rest of you!
Sweet, great entry @Teder! What a funky sample you found!
Might be the first battle I get in on. I’m guessing it’s safe to use multiple samples from the archive right?
Sure thing! Go crazy. =)
MireKo - That is dope!
Would be super cool if @jjbbllkk joined this 50’s battle. Ey, it’s all about sampling this time!
For me personally , I think it’s my duty to make one again this time
Here’s my submission. Sampled and played on the OP-1, but mastered in Logic X.
Then just master on the OP-1 or take the unmastered version. If it’s only up to loudness I can turn up the volume on my stereo
Yeah no worries @dschu, just render again on OP-1, unless you deleted the tracks already?
I had to look up the acronym In the battles not really, you’re right. I think he never participated… Not sure…