Here are the rules for battle 64.
- Sample something from 1964, using the OP1 drum or instrument sampler. A song, for example, or perhaps a news item!
- Create a 64-step sequence for your new sampled instrument using the Endless sequencer.
- Perform your final track live, using your new sequence as an instrument that you perform.
- You could compose a ‘backing track’ on the OP1, and play along with it to make the final track.
- You could work with an external looper or FX to make the final track.
There’s no strict rule on how much should be live and how much should be improvised. The important thing is that your final track contains something that you didn’t expect to happen.
Battle closes in 4 weeks: Saturday 18th January.
Thanks to everyone that helped with ideas for this battle! Happy holidays