Battle 64 - the 64th battle

i also am struggling to finish & appreciate the extra day…

psound74

Bit late adding this (!) but 45cat has a big list of songs from 1964 with links to YouTube videos where people have uploaded them.

1 Like

Here’s my entry.

https://soundcloud.com/chrtlnghmstr/op-1964

The main sample is from 45cat - David Rose And His Orchestra - Holiday For Flutes / The Grasshopper (El Cigarron) - MGM - UK - MGM 1237. I sampled a bit of it into a drum kit, recorded that kit whilst CWO was on, resampled the good bits into another kit, then made the Endless sequence.

An 808 drum kit is giving some support, using the same Endless sequence.

I played with various effects whilst recording, and then put the whole thing through the phone effect at the end as I recorded it to the A side.

Very silly, but I got some accidental syncopated sample rhythms going on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My work of the last days:
My first Bossa Nova, check. The guitar is played by me into the bad opmic :upside_down_face: and then thrown into the drumsampler.
I didn’t use any of the sequencers, all played with my hands.
The strings I did with cluster.

The Original is from '64
“so danco samba” by Tom Jobim and Vinicius de Moraes

I gave it the name Candide, because I read it recently.

3 Likes

Couldn’t find a time to work on this, unfortunately :cry:

This is ace.

1 Like

Ok, was in Canada on vacation with my wife and made a commitment to not be on my phone, so recorded samples directly from the given website before we left direct into OP-1 line in and did editing from Spa Eastman…

slightly after midnight with delayed upload time to soundcloud (took 3 times before it would completely upload!) here on the U.S. East Coast, so accepting that you all may not accept but i would kick myself if i didn’t just throw it up there!

a few samples from 1964 and a treatise about the forgotten art of telegraphy:

Cheers!
psound74

Had to work late and didn’t have the energy to come up with an entry any more. =(

It’s late Monday morning here in Spain… so I think now it’s time to call the battle closed.

Well done all entrants! There are some creative interpretations of the rules here and some very interesting sounds!

I didn’t finish my entry either, but since I organized the battle i can’t properly enter anyway. You’ll have to wait til some other time to hear my Duane Eddy / Addams Family mashup.

I’ll get the voting thread going shortly!

Here is where you vote! Battle 64 - VOTING

1 Like