Battle 66 “Devil in Details”

My first battle! I worked long into the night to finally finish this…

1. My roommates have a 4-year-old daughter, and I happened to catch some totally candid clips of her goofing around… the beatboxing worked out much better than I expected, after some chopping and tweaking. There’s also some ambient noise that you can hear clearly in the intro (with an lfo on the volume)

2. I heard the aforementioned 4-year-old banging on her dad’s drum kit in the basement. I was in the kitchen. I hit record on my phone, and the result turned into that super trashy fill you hear a couple times… I love it. Also love the artefacts of pitching down the model:cycles hihat at the end.

3. I used the provided kit for most of the drums. Tweaked it a bit, of course.

4. Sampled a tonal sound from my Volca Drum to make the 80’s-sounding patch I played live over top of the track.

Thanks @LyingDalai for setting this up! It was a blast.

5 Likes

Very cool. :grinning:

I’ve got something bro !
Made it between kneading and rounding the bread :smiley:
I’ve got to put the bread in the oven right now…and record an acceptable album version leter in the evening ^^

THank you for the time extension !

2 Likes

I’ve assembled half of the tracks so far, it’s been really fun to glue these sounds together with my little pieces…

There is still time to drop a few tracks, @quarantequatre and @motone :+1:

1 Like

I’m trying to make an album record.

Is this battle 66 tracks only ?

Here it is ! I made it yesterday and recorded to album a few minutes ago.

I’m glad to be back in battles with you peeps !
The last one I’ve participated was the Battle 51 One Minute Wonders !

Thank you Guys, take care and stay safe ! :smiley:

#1 Recorded a shy bird (usually there is more singing birds outside) with some wind and passing by a big european hornet.

#2 Reused the bird sing with pitch and looping, a bit of the hornet sound, but it’s a bit low. And some detune with the model D.
I used a bit of CWO during the album record, but not sure that was a good idea !
No matter I’m late so it doesn’t matter!

#3 Drums from the @LyingDalai ’ kit, pitched and sequenced mainly with endless, and some beat made from scratch with my hands :smiley:

#4 The only synthesizer I’ve used is my model D. I didn’t use it that much until now. I made some “tracks” since I own it, but never published them… Just a part on instagram.

2 Likes

I realize it’s probably much too late, but I was having fun and made another one. It clocks in at an Instagram-friendly 58 seconds:

1. I recorded, then mangled beyond recognition, some light acoustic guitar plucks
  2. Distorted reverb is one of my favorite things in the world, and I’ve discovered that the OP-1 does it pretty well! Master reverb set pretty long, drive at 99, release at 1. Also emphasized the percussive bits of the acoustic guitar recording.
  3. Drums taken from the provided kit… The kick was layered with a few others.
  4. My other machine was the aforementioned acoustic guitar.
1 Like

Ok, 13th it is, and last one as @motone eventually declined (hope you make it next time, pal).
I’ll open the votes tomorrow!

Thanks everyone for dropping so many tracks, I hope you’ll enjoy listening to them as much as I did while mixing all submissions into an hour-long track!

2 Likes

migrated here from SoundCloud…for posterity