Here are the suggested rules for Battle 87!
- All production must take place on the OP-1: mixing, “mastering”, etc. Computer editing can include only normalization and a fade in and/or a fade out.
- In the spirit of “spring cleaning,” go back to the start - do a backup of the current state of your OP-1. Then do a FACTORY RESET so your OP-1 is fresh…no custom presets or samples - one exception, if you want to use the Iter engine and/or the hidden Filter FX, you can hook back up and load the preset from the forum link below ONLY:
Op1 hidden fx? - #6 by LyingDalai
- Craft a piece using only the stock sounds. You can sample something new, edit presets, use any or all of the synth engines.
- One piece of external kit is allowed.
- Deadline is (Northern Hemisphere) Summer Solstice, June 21, 00:01 Eastern Daylight Time.
- Have some fun, and as always…
- Don’t take yourself too damn seriously!
Go forth and reset!
sounds like fun! gonna get started early on this one.
nice up! cleared up some things and made a beat.
hope you will enjoy it
Nice idea. I had to reset recently. Lets see where this goes.
Here is my (non-votable) entry and my adherence to my own rules:
0) Normalized & faded-out in Audacity
- i did load “iter” (like you knew i all would)
- Used iter, cluster, string, sampler, dsynth, phase, dr wave synths & drum sampler
- As my “extra”, i sampled my Make Noise Strega (opening sustained tone)
- Well ahead
#OP1 #teenageengineering #onthego #onthetrain #opforums.com #battle87 #battle087 #factoryReset1
Let’s keep 'em coming!
(P.S. soundcloud link for playlist purposes: Stream 230608-OP1-Battle87-factory-reset-i by psound74 | Listen online for free on SoundCloud )
Ok, 1 week to go!
Get. It. Reset.
Let’s hear some more entries!!!
With only one votable entry so far, how are people doing out there? Anyone need a week extension?
an extension would be great.
Blessed Summer Solstice, your wish is granted! New deadline is 00:01 EDT June 28!
Attempt 1. Mostly Dr Wave, String, Pulse, and Sampler.
Ok, deadline’s looming, let’s get the reset entries in!!!