Battle for the Eras - The Voting Thread edition 63

All op-forums.com members can vote.

Thanks for all who participated, and sorry for taking too long to put the Voting thread up.

Let’s set the vote for 7 days, so wherever things are at at Oct 27 by end of day will set the fate of the next Era (or battle anyways).

Battle for the Eras - The Voting Thread

@ssam

@vehka

@kln

@psound74

With 50% of the entries being host-provided tracks, one could propose all bets are off, and hosts get a chance to emerge victorious thru user feedback just as much as everybody?

Get on it!

1 Like

also, just to go for it. all these tracks are jammin.

@ssam - this is my vote

real cool layering of samples and sounds.

was a tough decision, with the fluidity and beautiful key blending in the @vehka track, and the funkily modern and eerily late 80’s synth tones coming thru in the uplifter @psound74 put together.

These were all quirky and fun! I’ll do another listen tomorrow before deciding where my vote goes.

Ok after a re-listen, I’ll give my vote to @psound74, such a frantic and condensed synth-pop snippet that put a grin on my face. Also loved @ssam’s piece, great lo-fi band vibe going on there, really dig the moment when the trombone starts playing. Equally enjoyable were the clinical beats of @kln + the sax sample that brought back memories from the Rebirth of Cool acid-jazz era. =)

My votes go to kln

@kln the end of the track is a bit weird, like you let a little bit behind the actual ending :wink:

I liked all the tracks for different reasons. Wish @psound74’s was longer: it was going pretty good, way too short!

I actually liked @vehka’s robot playing Bach, was für eine schöne Musik!
:wink:

@ssam I liked the sound ! Not to fond of the horn though, personal taste really. It’s more about the connotation it brings I guess.

OK, my vote goes to @vehka!

Wish I could have done something, but with moving house I don’t even know in which cardbox my OP-1 is right now!

1 Like

looks like an even score so far, which speaks to the quality of the choices.

voting ends soon!

I vote for @ssam’s eerie horn track.

1 Like

My vote goes to @ssam - fun track, like the chopped quality of the samples & punchiness of guitar & trombone!

Honorable mention for @vehka for their great musique concrete-style schizo robot Bach piece!

Thanks @kln for your sax bit and for running the voting admin in a more timely fashion than me!!!

psound74

2 Likes

@ssam - looks like the torch has been passed.

big ups!

now for some new rules. looking forward to “when I’m 64”.

2 Likes

Congrats @ssam! Thanks @kln and @psound74 for organizing this one!

:partying_face: thanks everyone for this rather exciting battle! Nice entries all round.

I’ll have a think about ideas for a next battle.

Congrats @ssam!