OP-1 BATTLES (25 through 30)
1. use or combine Serge Gainsbourg & Jean-Claude Brialy "Un Poison Violent, C’est Ça L’Amour” & Herb Alpert "Besame Mucho"
2. use only the drums sampled from the songs.
3. all other engines allowed to support combining the two.
4. radio is allowed to combine another song with it’s samples to it.
5. feel free to be creative with the samples and engines, but don’t forget to have parts with significant sample-use.
@lymtronics came out on top with “Altered States” out of 5 entries
[no playlist available]
1. entries must feature DSynth
2. entries must contain sounds from FlatTop preset drum kit
3. entries may feature ONE synth engine to compliment DSynth (sampler not counted)
4. the built-in microphone may be used to capture sounds to be added to the track (think voice, guitar, twigs, coins, tupperware, ambience…). (external mic for folks with broken ones)
5. YouTube may be recorded (for anything, but nature is encouraged)
6. all tracks must be created entirely in the OP-1 and recorded to album. no external processing allowed.
7. drum and synth samplers are both allowed as well as all effects varieties.
@yoof came out on top with “Housey Choons Oh Pee Won” out of 8 entries
1. allowed to sample any material you find from the singer Fairuz on youtube. no other external sampling allowed.
2. prepared a drumkit for you to use, featuring a bunch of sounds from a MachineDrum, “MDTAPE” and/or "Traps” internal kit
3. only 3 types of effects throughout your track. and to mention which ones you’ve chosen when you submit your track.
4. all synth engines are allowed.
5. resampling through the sample engines is allowed (encouraged!).
6. no external processing or mastering is allowed. just bounce to album and submit
@mixrasta came out on top with “Tangerin Uz Fair” out of 6 entries
1. sample or record your analog sounds of your synth to tape or the synth/ drum sampler and then sequence them with any OPsequencer.
2. add any drums from the factory presets or use your analog drumsounds.
3. add only ONE synth engine of the OP-1
4. all effects are allowed
5. maybe use radio to sample voices to make it more interesting
6. all production inside the OP-1 bounce to album
caveat: I’m aware of the fact that people have different amounts of gear and different quality, so if anyone does not have an Analog, you can use your virtual, or, what would be better, people share some of their patches and recordings here. Or try out NewOrbison’s patches or whatever you find on the internets. Please let us know what you used for your production)!@moedars
came out on top with “Italo guy, making some calls” out of 12 entrieshttps://soundcloud.com/ohpeewon-battles/sets/battle-28battle 29
Rules: 1. sample one note of you’re favorite sound.2. you can use all the internal effects, copy-paste-cut and tape tricks to shape this one note in new sounds you can use. Creativity is your friend.3. so only this one note and mutations are allowed… no internal synths and kits (sorry guys!)4. use the OP-1 itself for mastering and recording the final thing.5. use a painting as an inspiration for your ambience/composition. (painting also includes graffiti, comix and illustration)6. the song title has to be inspired on the painting of choice.@overseas_territory came out on top with “trees” out of 9 entrieshttps://soundcloud.com/ohpeewon-battles/sets/battle-29battle 30Rules: 1. use delay(a little or a lot) on all 4 tracks ( and the master fx if you dare) no other fx are allowed2. all internal synths and drum kits are allowed3. record and mix everything on the op-1 ( as usual ) 4. maybe use differnt delay speeds on your tracks to create cool rythms/ textures
@servando came out on top with “Delayed challenge” out of 20 entries.