Cases for OP-1

This one… http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/whsmith-black-textured-neoprene-long-pencil-case/37714208

Sorry I can’t seem to upload a picture to show how it fits. It’s superb though!

Yeah, I use a pencil case for mine when it doesn’t need to be in the UDG hardcase… but I got a cutey one from the supermarket:

It’s good enough for when I want to just chuck the OP-1 in my laptop bag.

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/leeda-lx-stiff-rig-board-organiser-p295289

An hour to modify into a perfect fit, and only £11. Does anyone have any cool sun visor suggestions though?

Post office pencil case £1.50.

Nice thick zip.

Best way to post pictures fast is to leave lots of space around ya item, then tightly crop to reduce file. Obvious tip but I still spent over forty minutes trying to upload a normal piccy.

I protect mine with this super cool soft case / slipcover made by the grandmother of the precedent owner. Love the story and love the palm trees. It’s lined with a layer of foam, not enough to protect it if it falls, but good enough to carry it around.

I find my gray official TE case perfect, but I really enjoy what you guys come up with as cases :smiley:

If you search on Amazon for “blow molded case” you get a lot of options, many sizes available.
This one I got accommodates the OP-1, USB and audio cables, FM antenna, headphone splitter, Sonic Port with cables, an iPhone (not pictured because I used it to take these shots), and it has a little room to spare. It’s about the size of an oboe or clarinet case overall.
The OP-1 is playable in the case and the ports are easily accessible.
I had to rough the interior surfaces with sandpaper so the hot glue would stick, but it is solid and nothing slides or rattles in transit.
The case was about $20 USD and the foam was leftover from an earlier project, took about an hour to customize.

I think if the official case was $40 or less I would have considered it, but $75 is too much for a soft shell in my opinion.
I’m thinking I might rubberize the outside of my case where it lays flat so it won’t slide around on my desk, right now I have felt pads on it which at least won’t scuff.

I also made a minimalist case using a Whitman’s Caramel Medallions tin. It doesn’t have room for more than the OP-1, USB cable and earbuds though so it’s not always practical. It does fit in a backpack a little nicer than the one pictured above.

I would really like to have an Elektron-style lid that fits the OP-1. My desk space is limited and I always worry about dropping something on it!

Here’s what I’m talking about:

I would really like to have an Elektron-style lid that fits the OP-1. My desk space is limited and I always worry about dropping something on it!
That’d be awesome. Especially if it’s just big enough to protect the knobs. That’d give the OP-1 the protection it needs while making it not bulkier than necessary. Perfect to toss in a bag.

Hmm, yeah that’s a great idea. Perhaps we can petition someone at Decksaver to make and sell an OP-1 cover… They seem to make covers for a lot of different machines.

The idea for a decksaver style cover is a great one. The Teenage Engineering elastic bands could hold it on too!
Anyone know someone in the polycarbonate injection moulding business that could figure out a quote to get moulds made? :wink:

I just purchased a case from SRA cases that will fit the dimensions of the OP-1 quite well. Here’s the link:

http://www.sra-cases.com/aluminium-flight-case-26-5x11-7x7-5-inches.html

OP1-case
I just purchased a case from SRA cases that will fit the dimensions of the OP-1 quite well. Here's the link:

http://www.sra-cases.com/aluminium-flight-case-26-5x11-7x7-5-inches.html

OP1-case

Great Discovery! Does it have extra space for cable + accesories? We want pics if possible :slight_smile:

I should be getting it on Friday. I’ll post pics for sure!

Here's the result today! For $18 bucks plus shipping, I don't see how you can go wrong. This case came with cubed foam, so you can customize it yourself - and it is a perfect fit. LOVE!

Pic1 2016-07-01-17.09.13 pic3