Cases for OP-1

Is the Unit Portables soft case too soft? I’m worried it won’t protect the buttons and knobs when I throw the op1 on my larger bag with laptop etc

I don’t think it would protect the OP1 if a truck ran over it, but generally it’s padded enough that you can leave in a bigger bag all day and it won’t take any harm. I regularly travel with mine and it doesn’t have a scratch. I’d get one whilst you still can as I doubt it will be something they continue to manufacture.

@limesoft
I feel much better with the Op1 decksaver to use with the Unit Portables. The Op1 with decksaver fits the Case perfectly and I’m no longer worried about it getting all mashed up in my bag.

@limesoft I feel much better with the Op1 decksaver to use with the Unit Portables. The Op1 with decksaver fits the Case perfectly and I'm no longer worried about it getting all mashed up in my bag.

Oh wow, that sounds like a good way to go- is it not possible for the decksaver to come loose in the Unit Portables as it doesn’t seem like it has a strong attachment to the OP1?

@limesoft I feel much better with the Op1 decksaver to use with the Unit Portables. The Op1 with decksaver fits the Case perfectly and I'm no longer worried about it getting all mashed up in my bag.

Oh wow, that sounds like a good way to go- is it not possible for the decksaver to come loose in the Unit Portables as it doesn’t seem like it has a strong attachment to the OP1?

just ordered a decksaver from junorecords. i had ordered one from a us retailer for $40 but it never shipped and they never got stock so they just cancelled the order. juno still said it had some in stock and total price including shipping from uk was $34 so…

hopefully this one will actually come and i can actually test out the unit portables/decksaver combo ;O
I don't think it would protect the OP1 if a truck ran over it, but generally it's padded enough that you can leave in a bigger bag all day and it won't take any harm. I regularly travel with mine and it doesn't have a scratch. I'd get one whilst you still can as I doubt it will be something they continue to manufacture.

Same here, I always put it in a bag pack full of gear to go jam at my friend’s place and nothing moves; it’s very good. It’s also a nice prop up for the OP-1 in trains/planes.

I don't know if helsinkisounds is in these forums. But he's making some awesome cases, I would definetely buy one from him: https://www.instagram.com/p/BIDPxyIBDrt/?taken-by=helsinkisounds

Beautiful case

Yeah those cases look great! Would love one

New to the forum :slight_smile: Glad you like it :slight_smile:

@limesoft
The Units Portable case is snug enough that it won’t come loose. Also it has 2 elastic bands that hold the deck saver down on the OP.

I've sent it to itsclearcut.com does the .ai file contain a phone number? Need to change that!!

Hey, did you send the .f3d file to them to get it done or what? I want to order one I couldn’t find a place that prints it.

I made a thread about this and realized that it probably should have gone here instead. Cardboard, foam, gaff tape and a little bit of my precious time. I’m currently brainstorming for a way to attach a bag or zipper of some sort for a few accessories.

If you’re interested, you can read more about how I made it in this thread. Pretty self-explanitory though, really…

https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3147/op1-diy-case-0-00#latest

<div class=“Attachment” style=“margin: 3px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; display: inline-block; zoom: 1; position: relative; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>
<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”> <div class=“Attachment” style=“margin: 3px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; display: inline-block; zoom: 1; position: relative; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>
<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”> <div class=“Attachment” style=“margin: 3px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; display: inline-block; zoom: 1; position: relative; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>

Just to let people know that UDG are having a big sale on their protective case:

https://www.udggear.com/sale/udg-creator-denon-hc1000s-hardcase-protector-black

Going for less than 5€

PS: I don’t work for them, just visited the website minutes ago and thought it might interess somebody here.

Just to let people know that UDG are having a big sale on their protective case:
https://www.udggear.com/sale/udg-creator-denon-hc1000s-hardcase-protector-black

Going for less than 5€

PS: I don't work for them, just visited the website minutes ago and thought it might interess somebody here.

does the OP-1 fit in that?

It should fit snugly. OP1 is 28 x 10 x 1.5ish (cm).

um, you’re looking at the dimensions of the case itself. The cutout inside is like an inch and a half shorter than the OP-1…

Yep I checked this out as well - won’t fit going off the Denon dimensions either

So I ended up finding a Unit Portables Unit 11 OP-1 case in Gray. Hard to find and this was the last one that Big City Music out of Studio City, CA had in stock. Glad I found it! It really is as good as others say it is.

Yep, I just popped for a used black one on ebay - just arrived today and it’s a perfect match I reckon!

So I ended up finding a Unit Portables Unit 11 OP-1 case in Gray. Hard to find and this was the last one that Big City Music out of Studio City, CA had in stock. Glad I found it! It really is as good as others say it is.

That grey one is looking pretty snazzy. Good catch!

Big City Music in LA had it. last one. They also had the PX-0 headphones designed by AIAIAI and TE with the iPhone mic and a grey extra pouch that should be here tomorrow! They still have some more of the PX-0 with and without the mic!

Is the material of the grey case quite stern? Or just a cotton bag? Worried about broken knobs if taken abroad