Chord Memorizer for OP-1

Hi guys!

What do you think about a chord memorizing function for the OP-1?

You can use the endless sequencer for chord memory, just play a chord on step 1 and extend to 16 steps or however long you want it to sustain for.

1 Like

I hate petitions…

It kind of would make sense to make a chord sequencer, speaking from the perspective of TE aesthetics. Pick a scale, number of intervals, the inversion (or select the inversion for each root note) – and then play the chords of the scale by playing the root key. Would be fun for instant house music chords. =)

You can use the endless sequencer for chord memory
+1

Guys, you are stating the obvious. Endless does chords, yes. But you have to program a sequence, you cannot experiment. With a Memorizer you’d be able to trigger chords for more elaborate and interesting chord changes. Say you want to try out a few ideas over a bass line by using a set of diatonic 7 and 11 chords you’ve stored into the memorizer… I don’t understand why more features, like this, in the OP-1 would be a bad thing. Let’s chip in and try to get this thing featured into the next FW…

erm, if I know Logic’s chord memorizer, it allows you to have a different kind of chord on each key. Unlike the OP1’s endless seq.

erm, if I know Logic's chord memorizer, it allows you to have a different kind of chord on each key. Unlike the OP1's endless seq.

Yes, that be the whole point… and nothing but the point.

To each their own, but on the list of things that I'd like to see added to the OP, this would literally be dead last.

I have one of the first OP-1s and have done beta testing. They usually never implement users feature suggestions. They usually give you the last thing you were expecting. For this reason I’ve given up asking for features. People have been asking for side chain for years, it won’t happen. That said I’d love some kind of chord machine, but TE just do their own thing at the end of the day.

I have one of the first OP-1s and have done beta testing. They usually never implement users feature suggestions. They usually give you the last thing you were expecting. For this reason I've given up asking for features. People have been asking for side chain for years, it won't happen. That said I'd love some kind of chord machine, but TE just do their own thing at the end of the day.

What is the OP-1s?

@METROM it is the plural of OP-1. Not to be confused with Apple’s naming convention of iPhone 7 vs 7S.

I have one of the first OP-1s and have done beta testing. They usually never implement users feature suggestions. They usually give you the last thing you were expecting. For this reason I've given up asking for features. People have been asking for side chain for years, it won't happen. That said I'd love some kind of chord machine, but TE just do their own thing at the end of the day.

What is the OP-1s?

OP-1’s? Maybe just OP-1?

Kay, thought it was a new OP-model… :smiley:

would rather see them implement other stuff w/ the remaining space they have, tbh.

chord boxes are super fun tho (i.e. omnichord, etc)

u could always usb/midi up and get some chord memory features.

I have one of the first OP-1s and have done beta testing. They usually never implement users feature suggestions. They usually give you the last thing you were expecting. For this reason I've given up asking for features. People have been asking for side chain for years, it won't happen.

that’s a poor customer relationship position to be in…

Guys, you are stating the obvious. Endless does chords, yes. But you have to program a sequence, you cannot experiment. With a Memorizer you'd be able to trigger chords for more elaborate and interesting chord changes. Say you want to try out a few ideas over a bass line by using a set of diatonic 7 and 11 chords you've stored into the memorizer... I don't understand why more features, like this, in the OP-1 would be a bad thing. Let's chip in and try to get this thing featured into the next FW...

Ah I thought you meant like Ableton’s midi chord plugin or Alpha Juno’s chord memory, that sounds cool

kordbots are currently being built…and they look like OP-1s…Perfect partners in crime…Crazy arps too

If Finger could be tweaked to play 4 notes simultaneously, Finger could be used for this. Not that far fetched difficult or space consuming.

endless copy pasta into finger but 4 note chords! amazing.