Copy track

Hi there!

Does the copy track function work for you? As far as I understand holding [P] and pressing [shift] thrice should allow me to copy the active track to another track by simply choosing the destination track. However, it does not work for me.

Nice to see that the save mode (auto save on / off) can be toggled there in theory by pushing the track button.

1 Like

It copies that selected track to another pattern. Are you wanting it to copy from one track to another track in the same pattern?

1 Like

Ah, ok, I see! Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I wanted to copy the track to another track in the same pattern. However, it is not critical and would rather be just a convenience function. As it is is ok also, should allow for making nice transitions from one pattern to another.

Don‘t want to open another Thread for this but how can i copy a specific trig.

For example: I put a trig to the step sequencer and chance some parameter for this trig while holding it. How can i copy this trig?

Hold this trig for a few seconds then you just have to clic on another step to paste your copied trig

1 Like

Aaaah, thx.

So hold the trig a few seconds and while holding clic the new step?

No, you hold the trig a few seconds, that copies it in memory
release the boutons
now it’s in memory, you can place it where you want in your track

it’s like it is the last sound you have played so now you can place it wherever you want on the sequence

I see! Thank you very much!

Hey you guys. Sorry If that’s a stupid question but is there a way to copy a track from one to another? E.g. I have made a pattern in the bass track and want the same pattern to be copied over to the lead track from the same Pattern? There must be a way, right?

Thanks in advance

Hey, this was the original question. Unfortunately, this function does not seem to be available.

While I am at it, does anyone know if it is possible to edit tracks while a pattern chain is running? Would be extremely useful for live sequencing when one pattern is not enough.

You can copy tracks… I think it’s shift and the up to icon three times but you need to look it up.

It should be working like this. But for me it doesnt.

3 Likes

Well, it copies a track (e.g. the drum track) to the drum track of another pattern. But copying the notes from one track to another within a pattern does not seem to be possible…

I’ve been scratching my head about this. :confused:
Unfortunately copying a track to another track within the same pattern does not seem to be possible at the moment. e.g.: copy lead track to chord track within the same pattern.

:cry:

Hey there

Since this post & all the updates that have past, is this not possible yet? Seems very simple - track to track copying of steps?

How do I do it? Cheers

Myles

1 Like

Amazingly the only way to do this is to use a videpoak that someone made!

3 Likes

Bumping this back up.
Can’t believe there is no native ability to copy the sequence from one track to another. I understand some are poly and some mono, but simple logic could account for that (ie if mono take the first note…)

This would be a hugely useful feature when sing the OP-Z to sequence external gear with OP-Lab

i am also missing this feature

1 Like

Hi, I’ve downloaded this videopak, but how do I get it into the OP-Z?

It’s only in the op-z app , not part of the op-z unit. You basically do a midi loopback of a track to the other, it is not really copy/paste more real-time record from track to the other