Crazy high prices on TE online store, are there any reasons for it?

Just when I thought the TE could not have fucked up the customer relations any more (the PO release/shipping fiasco)…

wow.

The Swedish Kronor (SEK) has taken a hit against the EUR recently, too.

They’re showing me prices in EUR, too.

Or maybe they’ve fixed the IO board and the new price reflects something not made of garbage >.>
Just when I thought the TE could not have fucked up the customer relations any more (the PO release/shipping fiasco)...

wow.

I agree. Honestly I still can’t understand all this excitement for these 59€ noisy gadgets as the POs are… >_>
I mean, ok they’re nice, but all this crazy hype make me LOL!
XD

A few stores in Japan are offering old prices but most have gone up about ¥10,000-15,000 or around 100€

Or maybe due to an upcoming update it’s a more expensive and powerful device :slight_smile:

Or maybe due to an upcoming update it's a more expensive and powerful device :-)

Are you serious?
There isn’t any sign of new features on these more expensive Op-1s, they’re the same old good machines that we all know. Only much more pricey…

They said in the latest order status update that it was because of the streghtening dollar.

They said in the latest order status update that it was because of the streghtening dollar.

I stand corrected. 'Merica!

Or maybe due to an upcoming update it's a more expensive and powerful device :-)

Are you serious?
There isn’t any sign of new features on these more expensive Op-1s, they’re the same old good machines that we all know. Only much more pricey…

no, but a man can dream, can’t he? :slight_smile:

it would be nice if there was a OS update around the corner

Is this happening to other gear as well? I have my eye on a couple of things...

Ok, I’ll stop to write in this thread, I don’t want to act like an hater or neither a fanboy.
I love my Op-1, what a box full of joy and fun!
But, imho, TE’s business methods are definitely nasty.
I believe that if they don’t change they will slowly disappear in the future
:frowning:

Well let’s hope you are wrong.

Chaps, if these prices are too high, please note there are some decent priced second hand units for sale on the Buy/Sell section. Mine included.

http://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/764/fs-op-1-oplab-oplab-aluminium-case#latest

I Apologise if this seems a little self serving, but i find it frustrating that some of us can’t even sell our OP-1s on this forum, but at the same time people (rightly so) are complaining about the price hike. Of course, if it’s a brand spanking new unit you’re after, go for it! ; )
TE's business methods are definitely nasty. I believe that if they don't change they will slowly disappear in the future :(

TE are not stupid. Browse through their website - they’re riding on fashion at premium prices. Now those who bought into their black friday / xmas promos can enjoy a bit of exclusivity, and TE can catch up on the PO orders. One can’t expect them to pull Apple costs without the associated economy of scale. The Euro is about to get weaker so maybe it’s as good a moment as any to do this. They could be more communicative, but not apologetic for raising the cost (which could be interpreted as weakness). Oh the wonderful world of business. :frowning:

TE is still willing to take 850 of my more valuable dollars in exchange for an OP-1…

949 EUR is 1080 USD. Which if you do a little back of the envelope maths is about an OP-1+typical EU VAT

Here’s a theory…

Perhaps TE is on its final batch of OP-1s, so they’re raised the price a bit knowing they only have a limited number left to sell. Then in 6 months they will release a successor to the OP-1.

6 months? That doesn’t even give them time to promote properly. If that were even close to true, they definitely would have teased us by now with prototypes, but all the excitement with the Pocket Operators will still be fresh (since most people would have just recently received their units,) so that wouldn’t even be a good move.

I think they’ll put their efforts into selling the PO series for a long time before thinking about unveiling any other synths. Unless they go the full KORG route and release a PO-18 Sampler, in a year or so…

Is this happening to other gear as well? I have my eye on a couple of things...

Elektron’s prices have fluctuated because of the dollar in the past.

I’ve bought it 679€ during the black friday on BAXSHOP 2 months ago

if someone wants to buy - do it now! thomann has fit the price to 949€, but there are still resellers for 790€!

CRAZY