Critter & Guitari Organelle (never selling!)

EDIT - NOT SELLING ANYMORE

Really cool synth / effects unit / audio & MIDI computer thingummy. Wanted to get into Pure Data with this but simply not had the time and looking to cut back on my audio gear.

Perfect condition, comes with original US power supply (and US to UK adaptor), original USB drive, quick start guide and box. I also bought some funky knobs from Thonk which I’ll include (see photo).

£350

Buyer pays postage (£15 including tracking and insurance), PayPal F&F or add 4%. Bought and sold many times on here, Elektronauts and Muff Wiggler.

Ah that’s a shame you haven’t gelled with yours mate. Took me a while to get in to it and organise patches etc but it’s becoming more useful/fun every session now… Have you grabbed all the non-official patches and updated the OS to the current beta (with favourites, ‘save as new’ and sub-folders etc)?Those two factors make a BIG difference for fun/depth and workflow :wink:

For me it’s felt like learning Pd isn’t really neccessary atm in most cases unless you’re after something specific. If you can afford to hang on to it I’d keep hold for couple more months and see what turns up, some killer patches and significant OS stuff in the pipeline :wink: If I had some spare £ I’d poss buy yours as a 2nd unit so I could have one on my desk and one on my pedalboard…

Good luck with the sale tho if you’re getting rid :slight_smile:

I have been downloading stuff from Patch Storage, not sure installed beta OS yet though, certainly loved clds.

Ach dunno though, the more stuff I have the less productive I am... agree though that if you're not interested in Pd then that side of it isn't important, but it was one of the main reasons I bought it initially.

Yeh when I copped mine I was planning to get in to Pd asap too, hasn’t happened at all yet tho :confused:

Without the beta OS the Organelle is a workflow nightmare, scrolling through 200+ patches was killing me! The beta OS is waaaay more functional re browsing patches and creating presets. Took me hours to go through all the patches and categorise in to folders for c&g/mutable/shreeswifty/synth/drum/sampler/sample playback/fx/junk etc but fully worth it. Still in progress tidying it up. Will upload my entire USB stick when it’s all sorted and hopefully that’ll save future new users a bunch of teething pain…

PatchStorage has a lot of good stuff but equally as many gems hidden in the organelle forum from Shreeswifty. Patches that he’s posted and hasn’t put on PatchStorage… He’s also about to drop his take on the Hologram Infinite Jets pedal :wink:

As an organelle owner I would love to see how you organized your patches.

there are so many and I always forget what they do.

And I know I’ve probably over looked some great ones.

I have my folders set out as

Generative
Sequencers
Ambient
Synths
Drum Machines
Noise
FX

Works great to lay them into categories as Callofthevoid was saying.
My Fav. patch at the moment is the Autechre drum maker. Instant Jam inducing pleasure.
I have my folders set out as

Generative
Sequencers
Ambient
Synths
Drum Machines
Noise
FX

Works great to lay them into categories as Callofthevoid was saying.
My Fav. patch at the moment is the Autechre drum maker. Instant Jam inducing pleasure.

My folder structure on the Organelle is similar with an additional folder called ‘Latest’ - new patches always land here and stay a while, until I’ve had enough time with them and know which ones are keepers and which ones get dumped.

Can you guys list what patches you have in each folder. My issue is that I don’t know which packs do what. Which folder they go into.

I’m gonna try to organise my patches like you

I have like 200+ patches on the USB and they aren’t all black and white in terms of what they do/how to categorise.

Takes a while but best thing to do is to go through all the patches one by one and take notes of what you interpret them as for your own use (for instance there might be a sampling patch that you personally want to categorise as ‘noise’, rather than just ‘sampler’). Then juggle the files around in to folders that make sense to you. That way you can also make a note of which patches you really dig along the way and you can add those to your favourites.

I’ll upload my entire USB stick when I’m finished organising but to write them all out on here would take forever!

Thank you sounds good, or screen shots would be fine too.

I’m on the latest official firmware, I haven’t tried the beta with favorites and folders.

if I move the patches to sub folders do i have to change anything within the patch?

No extra steps needed. Super easy. It’s same as organising any other files on a USB stick in to other folders.

Download the beta and install and then you’re good to go :slight_smile:

@ghostly606 feels like we fully hijacked your thread! Sorry dude. At least it’s all positive stuff that might help your sale :wink: or maybe mods can branch off the wayward posts in to a new thread?

@Callofthevoid Don’t worry about it, would hate if this got forum got as organised as Elektronauts! (not dissing there mind you)

And besides, booking some alone time with the Organelle over the weekend to see if it stays… watch this space!

Here you go @Eli5 , a bit different than I typed out, forgot I had one called Mutable for all of Oliver’s great stuff.

There are heaps of patches. so I had to do 3 screen grabs.
link:
link:
link:

@ghostly606 Good luck selling!!

@<a href=“https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/556/mec1” class=“Username” style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 15px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration-line: none; color: rgb(66, 157, 168); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>mec1<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”> thanks dude! gonna upgrade and organize all of these tonight.

<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>
good luck <a href=“https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/ghostly606” style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration-line: none; color: rgb(1, 115, 198); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>@ghostly606!<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>

Playing with Organelle all morning, watched a few Pd YouTube vids… it’s a keeper. Haha. I really need to settle on a set-up… damn you GAS.

Playing with Organelle all morning, watched a few Pd YouTube vids... it's a keeper. Haha. I really need to settle on a set-up... damn you GAS.

Good move :slight_smile: Organelle falls in same zone as op1/OT imo. Too much fun/flexibility/inspiration to get rid of :wink:

Sold the OT and OP1 before, shame I won’t be getting the set! :slight_smile:

Definitely not selling now, the ETC has been ported to run on the Organelle, and it’s all rather wonderful!

http://forum.critterandguitari.com/t/etc-on-organelle/1969/5

https://youtu.be/jaVRTZhCRYM

Yeah man, result! And the new infinite jets patch is ridiculous. Recorded an hour and half of amazing noise out of it today just from a shitty mic and making dumb sounds with my mouth. Pretty sure I’ll cop a 2nd unit pretty soon…

Way cool ghostly606, I am installing it now.

Technobear and Shreeswifty are legends!!!