Custom Firmware on the OP-1

Any messing with firmware is a risk. No one here will give you a guarantee that your OP-1 won’t get bricked.
But you can see in this thread that many are playing with the mods so you have to be the judge

@TabascoEye said:
Any messing with firmware is a risk. No one here will give you a guarantee that your OP-1 won’t get bricked.
But you can see in this thread that many are playing with the mods so you have to be the judge

ok kool…thanks

Man, I just want to thank @wavi & @TabascoEye again. I’m just used to the custom firmware now, but I use the filter on pretty much every jam I make, plus the tape inversion is just necessary now. This reminds me that I need to use iter more!!! Haven’t used it in quite a while

Hi, I’ve been scouring this thread and the internet in general for any information on how to install this on a windows 10 computer. from my own research a few months ago, I know the sudo pip3 line is something for macs only, so punching that code in won’t work. If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated.

Alternatively, I have an old 2007 iMac lying around. Does anyone know if the installation process would work on a mac that old? Sorry if these questions have been answered before. I swear I did my research before asking!

You need to install python3 first.
Pip is just a package manger that makes it easier to get the repacker.
If you absolutely want to follow those instructions, you need to install pip3 after you installed python3.

Even on a mac you likely need to first install python and pip.

The part that brings you to the “mac only” conclusion is probably the “sudo” thing. That is just the unix way of executing something with admin rights.
So you’ll encounter that on many Linux and Mac tutorials.

Only reason I brought up the Mac is because there’s written instructions on how to install via OS X rather than PC. But what you just said will get me over the first couple of hurdles at the very least. Thank you for the helpful and speedy response!

What I’m saying is: the instructions are actually NOT os-specific, apart from the prefixed “sudo”.
In fact they are missing the part on how to get your OS to the point where “pip3” means something.

Oh!!! That’ll make it even easier when I try this out tonight. Thank you so much!

Love the custom firmware on my op1. I basically take it for granted now… But I use filter ALL the time, and lately I’ve been digging into iter more and it’s really a cool lil synth. I love the grittiness/noisiness of it. Been LFOing the sustain Param to get a nice tremolo

Just wanted to add to the appreciative voices and say thank you for this! Just the tape layout change in itself is enough to make this essential for me.

@wavi said:
HOLY SHIT GUYS! OMG FILTER IS HERE!

I spent the entire night messing with the FW and it was totally worth it. Teaser below (sorry for low quality audio)

Still need to figure some stuff out but at least my unpack/repack tool is working perfectly :slight_smile: There will definitely be more to come…

Dope!

naturally w/ the new 235 firmware
my first thought was to see if i can unlock filter & iter.
but having trouble installing the op1repacker
python3 is installed version 3.4.1
running OS X 10.11.6 el capitan
keep getting this error message.
i tried a few things but no bueno. any insight?
21%20PM

nevermind! i reinstalled/updated python3 and it worked
can confirm that the mods work on #235
well i did all of them except the moose

Dude! But the moose

cow for life
cow for president

MwOOSEd of the time I enjoy the antlers :upside_down_face:

Anyone had a peek at the new OS?

Thanks @docshermsticks. After reading your post I took the plunge and installed #235 with all mods yesterday and can confirm everything looks good (including the moose).

split this topic #669

A post was merged into an existing topic: New OP-1 OS #235