New OP-1 OS #235

With #235 I ran into an issue where OP-1 suddenly turned to be mono (the sound came out only on left channel). I had to restart the device to get back the stereo output.

could you describe “suddenly” in more detail?

I played it without problem then left for 15 mins or so and then continued playing it when I realized that it had become mono :slight_smile:

Just installed tonight. No issues yet. Still in stereo. The hi-res tape grid is really excellent!! Perfectly timed for my needs too, my cassette four track just died so i’m recording everything with OP-1 currently. Really pleased with this. I’m assuming i’ll appreciate the sync fix as well, but have not tried it yet.

Blockquote

Sweeeeet!!

1. The button T3 ceased working again. Smells like a trip to Sweden is to be envisioned…

2. My OP-1 froze with a wild noise in the middle of a live PA yesterday. Never happened with previous OS.

:sob:

@LyingDalai Unlucky buddy, I hope it gonna work well soon. Have you tried to retrograde firmware ?

On my side, my Op-1 is still running the 218 firmware, I haven’t updated it for a while !

1 Like

Anyone else have any troubles with the new OS?

Or is it working okay for most folks?

1 Like

Heh, after this thread I’m scared of updating.

1 Like

My T3 was dysfunctional way before #235 update : it’s really my synth that is not working properly.

Regarding the crash during the live performance : it happened once only, got to check this further but it might be related to above problem. Apart from this it’s a really cool OS, Shift+STOP is such a great feature to have !

Beyond that single case of switching to mono suddenly (I haven’t experienced it since then) I have no issues with #235.
There are still some small problems but they were already present before this new OS.

Now that I think of it, one thing I should try is to do a whole reset.
Might do some good.

1 Like

It has the old mixer icons lol. Nice find!

I will re-try this today. I was disappointed last time. Glad i got that C adapter.

I’m having issues installing. My OP-1 works fine but when I try and enter boot mode (hold COM while turning on) nothing happens only black screen. Any suggestions?

Might be a corrupted bootloader. Have you ever been able to enter boot mode?

@quarantequatre If you’re still on old firmware would you mind to check if you can reproduce this issue found in #235 and detailed in the first post of this thread?

Just to ensure that this is a new bug introduced with the latest firmware.

Thanks!

This request is also open for everybody, who’s still on OS older than #235. It would be good to prove that we’re speaking about a new bug.
Anyway I encourage people with #235 to check the topic about the bug I linked above to reproduce the issue. Hey it takes about 1 min to try it out :slight_smile:

thanks. Never had reason to do it as it had the latest firmware when I bought it. Any suggestions how i can fix it?

I’m afraid there’s no way to fix it yourself. Is it still under warranty?