Disk mode now can save any loop

ok maybe it’s because I have a beta ios version… 16.2 beta2

Yes probably.

delete and re install orthoplay, it‘ll pop up. :ramen:

3 Likes

done it, it works! :space_invader:

Sweet there’s even 3 different noise modes with tweakable amplitude

noise is the very thing my ob-4 didn’t need;)

TE hasn’t advertised this update, so are we effectively beta-testing it?

can someone give me an example of how to use the noises??

Will be handy for keeping my toddler down for a nap, or helping myself sleep without headphones in, as I have tinnitus. The different colors of white noise and amplitude will be handy to dial it in

3 Likes

a toddler AND tinnitus doesn’t sound like quiet times. If the white noise helps out then this update will be a real saviour!

4 Likes

Ambient mode over classical was already very very helpful, this is even better hahaha. Ambient mode really is amazing tho, especially being able to tweak it. I only played a bit with it this morning, but they did seem to change a little bit of it’s algorithm for the better as well. Was nice way to start the day

Edit: I had to reinstall Orthoplay in my iPhone running iOS 16 to get the update, installed pretty quickly after I reconnected

3 Likes

Damn right! Looking forward to fiddling tomorrow after a grand white noise sleep (hopefully)

1 Like

ya not wrong about the Ambient mode. It sounds more 3D, wider and crisper. Could it be Mother?
The Xfade thingy is something that I still have yet to get to grips with.

We aren’t, they did announce it as an IG Reel
On my second post here you can find it :wink:

1 Like

I’m on a Instagram sabbatical:)

1 Like

Just a big sincere ta to TE for the latest ob-4 update. Ambi verb is sounding Stella!

Can we have some info about the update please? What’s the storage limit? How to delete samples etc…

And maybe add a metronome the gradually slows to 0bpm over thirty minutes? The white noise didn’t work out for me :slight_smile:

Besos.

5 Likes

Healthy!

1 Like

I have been recording (and storing) a bunch of loops. I have noticed that it does not work when you set loops to 4x length. But does at 2x.

Anyway-now I have a bunch of ambient sound scapes from the calm app right on it. As well as some favorite four tet loops.

I have yet to figure out how to delete a loop, though. Please tell if you know!

2 Likes

there is currently no way to delete a loop. you can save up to 70 loops (depending on length), and once that limit is reached the oldest loop(s) will be deleted.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info J. '70 's bloody impressive!
An obvious question; do you think we will ever have the ability to have those loops transferable to pc/tablet etc?

3 Likes

Yes, the next awesome step would be to ‘copy’ the loops to the app for instance (or something like that) via bluetooth

3 Likes