Ep-133 k.o. ll

Holy crap! What a beauty!

5 Likes

So much questions about this one. And, for that matter, about the EP series that’s incoming (I’m guessing here).

As I mentioned elsewhere, the OB-4 mention is probably the most enticing thing for me. Really curious about this one.
But the dreadful absence of an SD card reader, the poor 64MB memory and the on-board limited effects are really off putting for me.
For a second there, I almost regretted being offered a SP404mk2 lately - but it’s most definitely not the same thing here.

Still. Curious about what it does, how it sounds, how it compares.
@cuckoo did a great job at reviewing this thing. Now, I need to know about that looping function with the OB-4

I don’t think there is any integration, I think it just borrows the functionality from the OB-4 (loop / stutter / slide).

That’s what I just realized.
But thanks for confirming this

i pulled the trigger on the EP133. im more or less convinced it will vitiate my desire to buy the PO-KO and it will provide a complete setup with my guitar+op1f+ep133. ill keep y’all posted on how i get on with it (once it arrives)

tangentially, im surprised all the ep133 “bundles” are sold out but not the device itself. in other words, im surprised folks bought the bundles rather than just the device. the bundles come with clothes/merch lol. to each their own.

4 Likes

When I looked at the site earlier the store link wasn’t working but the bundle link was. I thought initial offerings were only the bundles, as a limited edition sort of thing. So my thinking was that the unit retails for $479 USD.

It’s not for me though, but I LOVE how it looks.

Since your comment I’ve gone back, the store link works, it’s $299 USD. Pretty good value? The Woovebox is more my thing at $249 though.

I suspect many people at launch hit order on whatever they could, primarily meaning those bundles - they’re the only links I could see a few hours ago.

2 Likes

24bit in-out and decent MIDI.
For me I’ll be using it for when I’m away from home.
This into Blofeld using 16 MIDI channels should entertain me.
Capture some sounds on the journey and record them in…yep I’m ordering one.

3 Likes

Anyone know the total mono or stereo sample time? Can’t find it in the specs. I know it’s meant for shorter samples, but I’m keen to know.

1 Like

This is a good interview with David Eriksson. https://www.perfectcircuit.com/signal/teenage-engineering-ep-133-ko-ii

5 Likes

Love it. A poor man’s (Roland)MC4. And it reminds me of the space Lego from the 80ies
And again a clue/hint in the Scandinavian mind article : https://scandinavianmind.com/feature/human-touch-interview-jesper-kouthoofd-teenage-engineering

4 Likes

I put an order in for one yesterday, it looks really neat. I didn’t have a dedicated sampler, so I bought a used SP-404MKII earlier in the year with the hope of incorporating it into my music, but I’m selling it as I’ve not really enjoyed using it, the workflow just hasn’t gelled. I like the constraints that this offers, the workflow is really streamlined and the memory restrictions stop me from being to precious with the samples. The pads/buttons look great, I’m not keen on the super stiff pads on the 404. Plus, the price seems reasonable. Keen to see what they do with the rest of the EP series, I’m hoping for a dedicated chiptune one that pulls in elements from the PO Arcade and Robot.

2 Likes

The price is truly surprising for me. Quite modest. Unlike TE’s policy. :slight_smile:

Less than SP404MKII? Less than Polyend’s questionable gear? Not talking about Elektrons or 1010musik… Come on! EP-133 K.O. II looks like a gamechanger! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

stoked others on the forum are pulling the trigger on it! we can learn together. anyone know when these ship out? i’m in the boston area.

I’m in the UK and ordered directly from TE. I got shipping confirmation and a tracking number this morning. It doesn’t say an exact time for delivery yet, but it’s taken a few days to arrive when I’ve ordered from them past.

1 Like

I also pulled the trigger! Very excited for this one - was just what I needed. Workflow looks very smooth - perfect my process

2 Likes

To me it shows a lot of effort to respond to their customers. Happy to see this after all the contention around their field series pricing.

1 Like

What a beautiful machine. It checks all the boxes for me, great UI, beautiful design, portable form factor, sequencer based workflow, polyphonic.
I will definitely get one

1 Like

Ordered yesterday for ÂŁ249 direct from TE, just waiting for the despatch email.

1 Like

Thinking out loud, here.
But one could assume that we could see an EP-Z, and not an OP-Z Field.

Maybe wrong, but not the craziest guess.

4 Likes

I suspect we’ll have duties to pay.