External audio to a different tape

Is there a way to get external sound (USB/Aux) entering the OP-1f to record onto track 2 and have the internal sound (synth/drum) going to track 1? i am hoping to do this without another device.

I assume you have to record the external audio on eg. track 1 first, and then record your synth/drum in a second step onto another track, while listening to pre recorded track 1. there is no parallel multitrack recording, you have to do them one after another.

1 Like

I guess it’s a feature request from me.

Is it possible to have the external sound play through the OP-1f but not record to the tape, and at the same time be recording internal sounds to the tape? That would lead to a reasonable workaround.

Yes :D, I posted a very similar thought yesterday and wrote a feature request to TE. Hopefully it will become true in the future…

Here is the idea

If we are enough people to write them, maybe they‘ll do it☺️

1 Like

I just tried with the og. Op1: It seems to not be possible in a direct way, as in tape mode you have to activate your audio source with the mic-button in order to monitor your ext. Source. But every input you monitor will be recorded. So both ext. source and intern synth on one track.

But I don’t know for the OP1-f.

As a workaround:
For instance you could record the aux/usb as in my first post and then erase the audio from track 1 after you finished your synth recording, that could probably be the most easy procedure.

Otherwise maybe there is a way over usbaudio on the field.?

Or you try to use an audio splitter for your headphones. But then you couldn’t sync anything or align to op1s metronome if you wanted.

I have an OP-Z and OP-1f. I’m wanting to record a quick jam with both devices through the same speaker (ideally the OP1’s) and have that on two OP-1f tapes. I’m willing to do workarounds and record on iPhone. I don’t want to record in two steps.

I’m back to this thread later today after more experimenting :slight_smile:

Nice:) exited to hear what you discovered

I can use usb to sync op1f & opz. The Op1 can record itself, and the OP-z can aux out (but has some noise). Aux out could go to another device to record and playback audio. A bit too much effort for what I was wanting to do.

I think I’m going to make the feature request for external sound to separate track.

Latest development for me:

• OP-1f & OP-Z Bluetooth MIDI connection
  • OP-Z to iPhone+Drambo app for more sounds via MIDI and recording.
  • sound plays live from OP-Z & OP-1f, not iPhone.

Both store audio digitally via usb, nice. I can move audio from iPhone to OP-Z later.

I’m not going to bother with this last touch but aux from the OP-1f and OP-Z to a mixer and speaker would unify the monitoring. From experience I think op-z gives a bit of noise via aux when the USB is in use, possibly linked to charging.