# [Feature Request] šŸŽµ Exporting OB-4 Loops via Orthoplay: Calling Teenage Engineering and Fellow Audiophiles!

Greetings OB-4 enthusiasts and the stellar team at Teenage Engineering,

First off, huge respect to TE for continuously pushing boundaries with the OB-4. The ability to save loops to disk? Absolute game changer! :raised_hands: But hereā€™s a thought: what if we could take it one step further?

Envision this: Crafting the perfect loop, feeling the groove, and then, seamlessly exporting it to your device. Simple, efficient, powerful. :rocket:

Taking a look at what the OB-4 offers:

1. Bluetooth Capabilities: Being both a host & client opens up realms of possibilities for data transfers.
  2. BLE Compatibility: Widely accepted and efficient, this could be the bridge to multiple devices.
  3. Firmware Potential: Demonstrating that our beloved OB-4 has space to evolve and adapt.

Now, wouldnā€™t it be something if Orthoplay stepped up and facilitated the transfer of those cherished loops straight to our iOS/iPadOS/macOS devices? Think of the creative doors this would open, from music production, collaborations, to sheer enjoyment.

Fellow Redditors, if this resonates with you, letā€™s rally behind this idea! Share your thoughts, potential uses, or even your dream features. And to the visionaries at Teenage Engineering: The OB-4 is already remarkable, but with this? It could redefine how we interact with sound.

Eagerly awaiting the next sonic chapter with the OB-4,

Warm regards

4 Likes

Hola!
No disrespect but I certainly wouldnā€™t call being able to save loops a ā€˜game-changerā€™. Being able to save loops is greatā€¦being able to delete saved samples would also help;)

TE could have saved us all a lot of hassle just by adding an aux-out/headphone jack. A pretty idiotic decision if you ask me. My fingers have been crossed for some kinda export mode, but they seem to have lost heart with the OB-4.

Have a gander at this thread;

4 Likes

I would love to see an export feature incorporated into Orthoplay. I could also use a low-end cut/variable high-pass because the OB-4 can get pretty tubby.

3 Likes

@bareimage thanks for posting/initiating discussion here. I had trouble finding your post, though I knew the discussion existed.

ā€œFeature Requestā€ is a reasonable search term, but I was looking for ā€œwishlistā€. Maybe others are too

2 Likes