# [Feature Request] đŸŽ” Exporting OB-4 Loops via Orthoplay: Calling Teenage Engineering and Fellow Audiophiles!

Greetings OB-4 enthusiasts and the stellar team at Teenage Engineering,

First off, huge respect to TE for continuously pushing boundaries with the OB-4. The ability to save loops to disk? Absolute game changer! :raised_hands: But here’s a thought: what if we could take it one step further?

Envision this: Crafting the perfect loop, feeling the groove, and then, seamlessly exporting it to your device. Simple, efficient, powerful. :rocket:

Taking a look at what the OB-4 offers:

1. Bluetooth Capabilities: Being both a host & client opens up realms of possibilities for data transfers.
  2. BLE Compatibility: Widely accepted and efficient, this could be the bridge to multiple devices.
  3. Firmware Potential: Demonstrating that our beloved OB-4 has space to evolve and adapt.

Now, wouldn’t it be something if Orthoplay stepped up and facilitated the transfer of those cherished loops straight to our iOS/iPadOS/macOS devices? Think of the creative doors this would open, from music production, collaborations, to sheer enjoyment.

Fellow Redditors, if this resonates with you, let’s rally behind this idea! Share your thoughts, potential uses, or even your dream features. And to the visionaries at Teenage Engineering: The OB-4 is already remarkable, but with this? It could redefine how we interact with sound.

Eagerly awaiting the next sonic chapter with the OB-4,

Warm regards

4 Likes

Hola!
No disrespect but I certainly wouldn’t call being able to save loops a ‘game-changer’. Being able to save loops is great
being able to delete saved samples would also help;)

TE could have saved us all a lot of hassle just by adding an aux-out/headphone jack. A pretty idiotic decision if you ask me. My fingers have been crossed for some kinda export mode, but they seem to have lost heart with the OB-4.

Have a gander at this thread;

4 Likes

I would love to see an export feature incorporated into Orthoplay. I could also use a low-end cut/variable high-pass because the OB-4 can get pretty tubby.

3 Likes

@bareimage thanks for posting/initiating discussion here. I had trouble finding your post, though I knew the discussion existed.

“Feature Request” is a reasonable search term, but I was looking for “wishlist”. Maybe others are too

2 Likes