Gear I Didn't Buy Today

Have you tried creating a new Project, or perhaps even a new Set?

No, not yet. I’ve been really focused on preparing for these two live shows. The Tuesday night one went well, and now the focus is on being ready for Psycho Las Vegas next week.

Thanks for the tip to try creating a new Set.

I didn’t buy a Montreal Assembly Count To Five. They had a new batch of pedals on sale this past Tuesday - yes, the same day I had to play the gig - and this batch sold out already. New batch will be ready for sale this October.

I didn’t buy a Zoom ARQ (yet…) It looks like a lot of fun but I haven’t seen any convincing performance with it. The manual isn’t exactly clear of what it actually can do in a MIDI setup, like controlling other gear.

I didn't buy a Zoom ARQ (yet...) It looks like a lot of fun but I haven't seen any convincing performance with it. The manual isn't exactly clear of what it actually can do in a MIDI setup, like controlling other gear.

Yeah I had a look at this a few weeks back and couldn’t really figure it out. Be interested in some solid info/videos, stuff like sample memory, onboard sampling, timestreching, looping workflow etc. Not sure about price, seems kinda high but maybe I didn’t catc a lot of the functionality when I briefly checked it out.

I didn't buy a Zoom ARQ (yet...) It looks like a lot of fun but I haven't seen any convincing performance with it. The manual isn't exactly clear of what it actually can do in a MIDI setup, like controlling other gear.

Yeah I had a look at this a few weeks back and couldn’t really figure it out. Be interested in some solid info/videos, stuff like sample memory, onboard sampling, timestreching, looping workflow etc. Not sure about price, seems kinda high but maybe I didn’t catc a lot of the functionality when I briefly checked it out.

I know Gaz Williams from Sonic State really really liked it at NAMM and I hope that means he’ll do a Sonic State review. I haven’t seen any comprehensive third party review videos yet. Plenty of promotional stuff from Zoom (or from Zoom representatives appearing on other shows).

Its specs seem quite impressive - it’s only a couple hundred more than an Electribe (and cheaper than an OP-1) but seems to have much richer specs than the Electribes. But there’s nothing about its synth engine except that “it can make synthesizer sounds” which is odd. It seems like they’re highlighting its built-in sample content more than any synth engine.

It’s a weird weird weird looking thing. And it’s doubly weird in that it looks like a toy but really seems to be a level up from the Circuit and Electribe, at least when looking at the spec sheet on Zoom’s web page. Although I guess it my be more fair to compare it to Kaoss Pass 3 and Kaossilator Pro as it seems more DJ oriented than groove box?

That Zoom steering wheel looks a bit ‘TOMY’ to me.
Needs more coverage…
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wD0V3E9p4-o/T_SOu818HsI/AAAAAAAABZE/_2Vo07lafgc/s1600/tomy-turbo-racing-80s.jpg

Today I didn’t buy a Tascam Porta 05. I’m still not sure it was a wise decision though…

Today I didn't buy a Tascam Porta 05. I'm still not sure it was a wise decision though...

What condition was it in? I’ve seen multiple units in the second hand stores out here in JP for dirt cheap. They were absolutely beaten up and didn’t work. The fix on tape machines can be easy, I just had to replace a belt, but if it requires soldering it could get tricky.

Today I didn't buy a Tascam Porta 05. I'm still not sure it was a wise decision though...

What condition was it in? [ … ]

Looked rough and the ad stated that they are not able (unwilling rather I suppose) to test if it works at all. Dirt cheap though, like in JP :slight_smile:

I didn’t buy a Lyra-8 today.

Because I didn’t get the email yet from Vlad that he’s ready take my order. :wink:

Make Noise Black and Gold shared system, 4K is way too much even if it is sexy as hell!
Going to get 2x0-Coast instead and save 3k!
PS, have a Mother 32 if anyone wants to swap their O-Coast! Soz for plug

I didn’t buy a Novation Circuit this week.

Make Noise Black and Gold shared system, 4K is way too much even if it is sexy as hell! Going to get 2x0-Coast instead and save 3k! PS, have a Mother 32 if anyone wants to swap their O-Coast! Soz for plug

That Black and Gold shared system looks like soooooo much fun! Sounds like it should be in the GAS thread with that hefty price tag. Hahaha

About two hours ago I did not buy a Lifeforms SV-1 and a Doepfer A-100P6 though both were right there for the taking…

Elektron Analog Rhythm… basically every day for the past couple months I’ve resisted buying for whatever reason.

Didn’t buy an EP-360 PM case since no-one has bought my EP-208!
Where are all the crackheads when you need them?

Make Noise Black and Gold shared system, 4K is way too much even if it is sexy as hell! Going to get 2x0-Coast instead and save 3k! PS, have a Mother 32 if anyone wants to swap their O-Coast! Soz for plug

That Black and Gold shared system looks like soooooo much fun! Sounds like it should be in the GAS thread with that hefty price tag. Hahaha

Yeah it’s a fantastic system and would keep you in sounds for a lifetime but 4K is little steep unless you had some vintage lying around to sell off.
Lottery win and I’ll have it in my Scottish castle!

That Zoom steering wheel looks a bit 'TOMY' to me. Needs more coverage... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wD0V3E9p4-o/T_SOu818HsI/AAAAAAAABZE/_2Vo07lafgc/s1600/tomy-turbo-racing-80s.jpg

HAH! My cousin had one of them games, he was ‘driving’ like a loon on the kitchen table and smashed a stack of Pyrex dishes when the suction pad slipped and ‘careered’ into them!
My aunt took his license off him soon after!
Flashback!

Today I didn’t buy a MoogerFooger Ring Mod even though it was pretty cheap.

I also didn’t buy a Yamaha V50. Very cheap.

0-coast.
I have continuously to remind myself to keep my cash until the end of the year… So many pretty toys out there !!

That Zoom steering wheel looks a bit 'TOMY' to me. Needs more coverage... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wD0V3E9p4-o/T_SOu818HsI/AAAAAAAABZE/_2Vo07lafgc/s1600/tomy-turbo-racing-80s.jpg

HAH! My cousin had one of them games, he was ‘driving’ like a loon on the kitchen table and smashed a stack of Pyrex dishes when the suction pad slipped and ‘careered’ into them!
My aunt took his license off him soon after!
Flashback!

That’s awesome! So that’s what the Drive Effect graphics on the OP1 is inspired by!