Hocus Pocus: Teenage Engineering mysterious new product

…and maybe due to its size there’s a massive battery compartment for all your externals…

1 Like

Eureka. It’s a theremin.

You beat me to it :joy:

1 Like

You may be right: there are two independent BT controllers in there, one from Qualcomm and another from Nordic, thus the dual antenna. I think the Qualcomm is used for streaming the stereo audio, given the chip specification (QCC3007), so maybe the Nordic is used for device coordination.

Also, it has 4GB of flash memory, so it can’t be just a portable BT speaker…

1 Like

4gb of Tape

2 Likes

8 tracks :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Do you think this kind of syncing is what “spider-jack”, “spider-top”, “spider-led” would refer to printed on some of the boards?

It is curious that in TE picture we can only find one pixelated area… would the “spider” mean multiple mobile phones streaming to the new product?

i guess it’s like synchronizing the speakers to each other…something that’s missing from the frekvens line.

https://op-forums.com/t/teenage-engineering-mystery-new-product-xx-4/18331/3?u=flom

1 Like

It’s fairly common for technology folks in China Factories to adopt English names which are “unique”. I worked with a Jackal, a “Beyond”, an “Onion”, and my favorite “Pizza”. Usually it has to do with a nickname or just something they really like.

2 Likes

It’s Friday again! Let get some features today!!

Doesn’t say much yet…

Are you seeing the emails about the mystery product from TE (XX-4 team), due to be launched 25 days from today?

Yesterday I got an email which included a photo of the circuit board.

There’s a bit deliberately blurred out. Might be a big/fancy led.

The obvious details are the 2 PCB antennas on the lower edge. One looks like it might be 2.4 &5.1 GHz, suggesting WiFi. The other 2.4 GHz only, suggesting Bluetooth.

The white blobs to the left lower edge might be jack connectors.

I can’t read any of the chip ID’s.

Some sort of interface product to hook TE products to a wider variety of studio equipment perhaps?

(see here https://do0ne7yeju3uz.cloudfront.net/uploads/image_upload/image/1095126/embeddable_a05873d5-865c-42bb-b635-53a0abe425e0.jpg)

1 Like

I’ve just seen the “Hocus Pocus” thread.

It’s a Bluetooth speaker - although possibly with multiple inputs / audio mixing.

I just checked out some patents, take a look

patents inventor Jesper Kouthoofd

3 Likes

OD-4 team? new advert up bringing Prestige-style hype.

Does this means that we need to own multiple speakers to experience the “magic”?

the Post says the first thing shown was obvious and they want to turn it into something ordinary.

what is it what is it