I fried my OP-1s headphone output! Update: new connector board.

Man somehow the iTrack Dock and OP-1 broke up and aren’t seeing other people.

I hate to ask how much that will cost in the U.S. because I still have a key to replace too. I feel like I lost the tip of my finger :frowning:

Damn =/ Sounds like you sexecuted the line out’s op-amp with a 48V enema :frowning:

Too bad TE isn’t selling those ioboards in the US, it’s a pretty easy swap looking at the ifixit site.

Haha I’d take an enema if it would reverse my screw up…maybe not. I’ll check out the ifixit site, thanks for the tip.

I just tested the headphone out- the audio is really faint and only coming out of the right side. What does that mean?

what happens if you spin the headphone jack in the OP-1?

Nothing really, but when I pull the jack halfway out it, both left and right channels become audible. Even then, sound is still faint even when the volume is cranked all the way up.

Hmmm, now the USB port seems to be holding a charge. How do I check the battery status again?

Never mind, it’s fully charged, does this mean I still have to change the connector board?

You should contact TE and confirm with them that replacing the IO board may really fix the issue. I say this because the output jack pins are basically directly routed straight to the main board through the flex cable, so you may have damaged it as well.

on the gearslutz thread, @Kites states that sound comes out of the speaker still @punji

Certainly can’t hurt to contact TE about it, though, of course.

Have you run the motherboard and function tests @Kites? Com+Power, options 2 and 3.

@KrisM Ok, but the actual audio amplifier seats on the main board. I don’t know which IC the OP-1 uses, but it could be one with separated outputs for the speaker and line-out. My point is that the IO board only contains the output jack and a couple diodes connected to it (besides the mic IC and an digital expander IC that I guess drives the LEDs).

on the gearslutz thread, @Kites states that sound comes out of the speaker still @punji

Certainly can't hurt to contact TE about it, though, of course.

Have you run the motherboard and function tests @Kites? Com+Power, options 2 and 3.

I tested it earlier and the speaker and headphone out are both negative DB. Everything else seems to be fine.

I emailed TE a few days ago, still waiting on a response.

ah ok.

Is it possible to replace just the headphone jack?

my guess you blew a diode and not the input jack itself.

agreed, the jack is just a jack and transfers a signal via contact.

Oh boy, looks like I’ll be OP-Oneless for about a month. Dark days are here again…

Ohh these kind of things makes me feel sick! I live in argentina with tons of import restrictions, no specific op1 service and all. I’d love to know what i shoudn’ do in any case to breack the IO in the op1. Or a y advice i could take to keep the op1 in good condition!!!

treat it well plug in normally just don’t be agressive.
Ask TE and see if you can buy a spare.

:slight_smile: yeah i treat well my gear, but i don’ understand why Kites brokes up his output. If there are any specific interface or amount of level that can damage your op1?

he sent electrical power into the plug so to protect the CPU there is a diode which breaks so power can go the wrong way.