I fried my OP-1s headphone output! Update: new connector board.

Ouch =/

I actually just reformatted everything and it booted up fine, but replacing the board didn’t solve my problem.
:frowning: The audio levels are still very low, so I guess I’ll have to send it in and have them replace the moth board. Uhhhhggg! Man I’m so heart broken.

ps where can I find the serial number in order to check if it’s under warranty?

If you bought it direct from TE and a year hasn’t passed, contact TE @Kites. If you bought it used from a private party, TE does now allow warranty transfer. If you bought it used from a reseller, they might still have one for you but you’d have to ask them to find out. If you bought it new from a reseller, you still have a year warranty, but you must contact the reseller. The reseller might also have a warranty (eg Sweetwater’s extra two years).

PM’d you on the serial.

I believe European warranties are now 2 years by law.

Edmund

truth @eronald, but @Kites is not in Europe.

lucky Europeans…

I believe European warranties are now 2 years by law.

Edmund

I think they honor the warranties internationally… think about it, what is “Europe”? EU? So the Swiss don’t get the warranties?

I do believe though they don’t allow transfer. sent them a mail…

I need to move to Europe.

EU warranties are not 2 years by law, but maybe in some lucky countries in the EU they are…

I stand corrected, and blame my Swedish ex… >.>

hehe =)

Some big audio stores like thomann.de often offer extra long warranties though… I think they give 3 years to Elektron machines for example.

In the UK it’s up to 6 years. It’s based on the expected reasonable life for a product/being fit for purpose.

Wow! I don’t get it isn’t the States the largest consumer country in the world? Oh wait, maybe it’s because we are a wasteful “through away” country, opting to buy another if something is broken.

You should checkout our thrift/ second hand stores. :slight_smile:

^srsly if anyone is visiting the states. please look at your local craigslist/thrift stores. Not only have i made tons of money from doing this but I am able to almost satiate my GearLust.

through away hurts my brain.

People think it is standard for Sweden ecause both TE and Elektron give it, I did.

or we have corporate lobbyists keeping the warranty laws just the way they are, @Kites >.>

in related news, i used to make a nice chunk of gold buying ‘bricked’ iDevices, putting them into DFU mode, restoring, and then selling them.

oh 'Murrica

my quadcopter is in pieces right now while i repair damage to it, and it was only $35

Haha

those little guys are insane @KrisM! They are squirrelly and fun. hack to MIDI and make it dance!

i could loft one of the tiny Arduinos with my Hubsan X4 i bet >.> but i’d need wireless and wireless MIDI o.O

Here’s the damage:

Keyboard-module: $45
DSP PCB: $120
Encoder Knobs: $0
Additional costs:

60 min repair work: $80
Shipping US: $15

Blehhh