Ideas for NEW MODULES ?!

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING as a module…sing into OP-Z with autotune…insane

1 Like

Love the idea of having a built in sd card. It would be great if it could record performances, chop loops into one shots and export as wavs, allow larger sample libraries including multi samples.

The idea of an expanded battery / multi module / memory pack with more in / outs would be game changing.

I would love it if they would release a little multitrack recorder / mixer. Something with a small footprint with eqs and faders and a looper.

5 Likes

A module that can house a micro sd card, a line input, midi out and expand the possibility to output multitrack via usb?

3 Likes

Hell yeah !

I think if someone from the TE would compile the most requested feature/module for OP-Z , usb multitrack for the 8 channels would come out on top with like 85% of votes. I am willing to pay a lot for a module with that feature and if we can add SD card in it, even better.

All module ideas are cool, but this one is not a luxury idea, it’s in my humble opinion only things thats missing for a lot of OP-Z users to transform OP-Z from little sketch box into a full DAW in your hands

People say you can bounce audio to DAW for further mixing by muting all channels but 1, and repeating that for all 8 tracks. That is PITA, but I do have patience for that. What bugs me is that you can not improvise with punch in effects and record it like that. Its just impossible.

Please TE make our wish come true.

Or even just say its not going to happen, so we stop checking your website and forum daily, hoping for this to come out.

2 Likes

i think a big question is what exactly can you do with a module
in terms of what is actually possible to add in reality
what exactly are the module pins connected to?

there is only a limited number of pads that it hooks up to
that are presumably hard wired to specific pins on the processor chip // pcb

not all pins on a microcontroller are capable of all the things
and so its not necessarily true that anything under the sun
is even possible to add even if they wanted to

i totally get that its fun to speculate and dream
in an infinite sea of potentiality

but would love to know more specifically how these things are connected
and what there limitations are

1 Like

Good idea

my idea for a module is a sampling focused module with both a line input jack and a photo pre-amp input stage jack so you can hook up a phono turntable directly into the OP-Z and sample it.

1 Like

I’d like to be able to do quantized loop sampling with pre-slicing like the Octatrack.

1 Like

—Simple module (you can make your self) with ESP32 micro controller inside. You can program it with arduino code and make it do what ever. It has WIFI on board so you can connect to your Amazon ECO or ALEXA and sequence a crazy light show. Or you can hack your Tesla with it and turn it into a Night Rider.

—Module that has 4 lasers sticking out of it, cuz lasers are fun.

—Vape module that makes fog

—GPS module; converts your GPS point location into CC parameter.
You can link it to volume of a track and when you move the track will fade in or out depending on your location.

—Module that has a tripod camera connector, so you can attach to a tripod.

—NFC module that triggers program changes when used with other NFC enabled objects.

—Video synth module with HDMI out :pray:

—Pneumatic sensor module. Blow pressure to after-touch. Attach a tube pipe to your module and have a MIDI clarinet !

—Transmitter module that has a wireless controller for a pocket operator. On the back of a pocket operator there are expansion connectors and you clip receiver on to them. So than you can sequence and control everything on pocket operator from op-z.

—Bluetooth audio in / out (I know there is a lag for live performance but its nice for playback).

—Guitar neck module. Ukulele like neck, sticks out the op-z with 4 strings going into the 4 holes on op-z. Strings are connected to vibration sensors inside the module. Now you have a MIDI ukulele !

—Module with IR sensor and transmitter. Sample your remote controls. and sequence you TV ! (or anything else that uses IR remote).

—Wireless charging module (can make your self).

—Module that adds even better kick stand, compatible with a tablet.

—Module that is a small pocket operator that acts like a nintendo controller. You can take the module out and give it to a friend and it will work as a wireless controller for op-z parameters. And its like supper cute, baby pocket operator :hugs:

2 Likes

It would be really nice to have a module with four stereo outputs, that send all 8 OP-Z tracks as mono out.

I don’t need the fx to be send as well.

It would speed up my workflow to get a project into Ableton.

Does the OP-Z have the power to support such a module?

@ONE i think you said somewhere, that you personally don’t need a multitrack output, but have you considered it to this point? It would be really great.

5 Likes

From the color I can see that this module would be hot… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Personally, I would like to see a module with more physical inputs and outputs, especially send and return for outboard effects/pedals.

i was thinking :thinking:; instead of trrs splitter I/O dongle they would make something like this :

13 Likes

oh dear :exploding_head:

2 Likes

implement a raspberry pi rp2040 based module

Port Mutable Instrument Braids or Plaits into a module open source digital oscillator

1 Like

DMX + MIDI module (based on arduino nano) to replace the usb → hub → enttec → dmx chain.
You then could connect lights with an adapter cable right from the op-z :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Something new might actually be incoming:

He’s working for TE and seems to be hiding something from us :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

I’d really like a module with a midi i/o and at least a stereo (or dual mono with adapter) input, along with a micro sd card slot and the ability to store a larger sample pool and also record performances and bounce / chop stems directly on the unit. The ability to record / auto slice like the OT would also be amazing.

1 Like

For me the “green module” looks like exactly what I’d like to see (aside from multi-out over USB and channel EQ). Send with stereo return (also useable as just a stereo line in) + midi/trig out.