Ideas for NEW MODULES ?!

la de da.
IMG_0783 IMG_0784

6 Likes

a mini camera mod that converts light values into a note/mood. Pitch black being (unsurprisingly) low end, brightness being high-end. But when used from say, a train, and pointed below skyline level, you might have some really interesting fluctuations. BTW has anyone ever tried using a mini 3.5mm radio receiver in the line-in?

4 Likes

The mixer idea is fantastic, the camera or light module would be neat. I think that the Rumble idea used in the right conditions has great potential. So that leads me to…

Storage - SSD - MicroSD slot.

It doesn’t have to be crazy, 32gb it MUCH more than enough probably. Or if a Slot, then the user determines size. It could be tied into the firmware for patches and song storage and maybe allow songs to be compiled using the arranger in the Pattern screen. Instead of bouncing just patterns, whole songs could be recorded. The sampler could use the storage as well.

Thoughts!

I mean so much can be crammed into a tiny motherboard for a smart phone, that it seems like such appropriate space seeing as how the battery is taken care of elsewhere that this port could do just about anything.

3 Likes

an analog delay

2 Likes

the sd Card Module would be a great addition but I guess with the upcoming iOS 13 it’s much easier to realize something like that directly between the OP-Z and the iphone :iphone:

1 Like

Haven’t been paying attention to Apple news: What’s new on iOS 13 that will help with this?

the file exchange between iPhones and peripherals, basically a file manager. maybe this feature can go hand in hand with the OP-Z app and eventually stream things to the OP-Z.

1 Like

Yes, I would love to be able to fully record a song within the OP-Z itself. It could even be a similar process to the current “bounce” feature, just without the 10 sec limit. Also, it could be really awesome to be able to record or bounce multitrack of each channel for mixing in a DAW.

3 Likes

+1 to the full bounce as well as the multitrack. Hopefully iOS13 will improve our chances of this happening!

it drops tomorrow :man_dancing:

1 Like

Sorry to go off topic, but if connect to iOS 13 device will I be able to access files in disk mode? Really bugging to go to a computer to turn backlit keys on and off each time.

You should start a new topic for this. It would help others find the answer.

This one could be DIY: a block of steel/lead the size of a real module just to weight down the OP-Z, since some people mentioned that is one of the benefits of the Rumble :smile:

1 Like

Yeah!

In fact, TE: I dare you to release a weight module.

One of those devices that sucks onto your table and turns it into a huge speaker

What about a smell module connected via Bluetooth to the incense sticks ?

4 Likes

or maybe a variable state filter. or, one of the modules from TE’s modulars would be awesome

putting something truly analog into the OP-Z rocks, IMHO

1 Like

:rofl:

Theronas Mod. It will take your blood, your money, and leave you curious about Elizabeth Holmes` voice.