Ideas for NEW MODULES ?!

ok, not a module as such, but a TE-Hub. On the rear could be SD/usb(power for internal batt) 3.5mm main out/in/ 10 x 3.5,mm aux outs/cv in/out/midi in/out. On the front, three Oled displays, the main screen being video/vid paks/info/like our current ios app. Either side being touch responsive-volume/pans/additional info etc. Inside the top casing, speakers but also wee lights that can project/be controlled by the DMX.

Inside the unit you can store samples/patterns/nfo/settings.

for the op-z / op-1. £999 (TE price) or £599 in the real world. Not made of plastic that warps x IMG_0804

@jim offtopic but curious: What’s the blue thing you’re using to replace the on/off “button” in your unit?

its the arse-end of a cheap biro, although they do vary in size so its bit of a gamble to find the right one, but it works. I had to improvise whilst on holiday and its not let me down yet (what can i say, im a cheapskate;) ).

1 Like

Punji just happens to be the reality fairy of this thread.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess I am… :fairy:

Btw, I also don’t think analog synth modules would make any sense because that kind of circuit takes too much space, even for a single voice it would likely require custom ICs, like the Elektron AR or DSI synths. And then what, re-ssample the analog output back into the OP-Z?

Anyway, I will tell my crazy idea (besides the aforementioned FX send/return module): an EEG module that records brain waves and allow you to control the OP-Z sequencer with your mind! :brain:

4 Likes

All in favor of the brain wave controlled module say I :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: this meeting is adjourned!

1 Like

Gimme a module, call it Lazerpak, that shoots out lights and works with that whole dmx lights track part of the z

OR (and this is perhaps beyond the realm of feasibility but) gimme a little projector to spit out those fun little animations or i dunno like a strap connection module so you can keytar that bad boy

2 Likes

A granular sampler mod, which would include a 64/128/256 GB SSD memory.

2 Likes

An extra battery? I would expect this thing to have 15hours of battery life since it doesn’t have a screen.
Also, some really good suggestions above! A 32gb memory module like the old ps2 memory cards would be awesome. But they would have to allow recording of each track individually into a folder to use after in my DAW

2 Likes

the nanoloop mono cartridge is analog and would fit when rearranged.

the height is enough to put in some smd parts to create a filter or voice etc.

THIS. That is something’s I’ve been wanting ever since I got my OP-Z. Being able to multitrack record or bounce would be amazing.

1 Like

A slot-in tape cassette recorder/player so we can record an album on these:

(and yes, I am aware of the high chance that this would technically not be possible due to different reasons … but it was fun to think of :smiley:)

7 Likes

imagine this idea with an inserted SD card and some kind of tape flutter etc. but I think we’ll see other tape track plugs in the near future and master fx plugs :innocent:

2 Likes

More plugs in general would be an awesome (and easy) addition to the OP-Z. More FX, tape FX, master FX, and synth plugs (Adding a chorus to my master is just something I don’t want to do). Just additional diversity and options in general.

With something so small we could even add a spring reverb alongside it :smile:

3 Likes

Something connected to a t shirt so we can wear the controlled lights and then a speaker backpack that bumps. Probably include a fog Maschine in the backpack

An obvious module would be a variant of the oplab. But have 8 outputs (4 stereo outs) of just triggers. So you could sequence modular drums. Like Hexinverter’s Mutant Brain.

Actually, this should just be an update for the current oplab module.

I would really fancy a module with 4 mono inputs where you could place recorder trigs on the module track, so one could get automated sampling a la Octatrack.
I don’t think we will ever see the sd sampling card module, TE has always added a limitation to their products regarding storage, that would be odd given its flash memory size…

This. A module to have Octatrack-like live sampling and mangling please!

4 Likes

Yes, I think it can be implemented thanks to the module track, which could have its own buffer.
I’m afraid we will never see this, TE has always been unpredictable and far away from users’ expectations, be it good or bad :slight_smile: