Ideas for NEW MODULES ?!

Even a human pulse based LFO input source would be feasible! Or like the old “lie detector” bio feedback monitor…but linked to an LFO so you could use it as a source for the filter etc.

Undo Button.

4 Likes

I’ve actually been wishing TE would make an OP-Z t-shirt that had a pocket on it down the center of the shirt with a picture of the OP-Z on it meant to hold the OP-Z. A narrow long pocket and the volume button would stick out a small hole at the bottom.

2nd, a case that adds a lasso loop to the end so you could wear the OP-Z around your neck.

:smile:

2 Likes

What about a belt clip / pochete? :grin:

1 Like

Just dreaming again, but this with the ability to get a looper fonction could be nice !!!

A module which:

• detects faults and automatically posts a ticket with TE support
  • detects negative vibes and automatically posts a rant to this forum

It would need to have a fairly powerful cpu.

CB

12 Likes

I quote this as well… enabling the opz to store bigger files like the elektron digitakt would be extra fun :wink:

1 Like

“Album Set” mode that bounces between sequences in order programmed. Disable programming while in this mode. Play fx and master track (no save) work but aren’t saved.

Tie output from new module to export 8 mono tracks.

1 Like

Defs should have a strap hole like the op 1 and po range :ok_hand:t3:

Please looper function!

Resampling!

More gain on samples. Seems to have less than the op1. If sample is too soft it’s just too soft.

2 Likes

You can have a no auto-save mode by holding down some button combo when powering up… Is there currently a way to toggle auto save when already powered up? I’d like that for when you wanna experiment freely without destroying your balance

Yes it is. Hold P + Track button. Beware if you want to reactivate autosave, by the same method it will save your modifications (bothering when you did shit :grin:). So if you want to save them after tweaking go for it, and if you want to go back to your initial settings restart your unit

1 Like

Can you save into a new pattern slot? Or manual save?

I guess you can manual save by holding a project number while the autosave disabled. for a new pattern slot, i would suggest to copy the pattern you want to experiment into a new pattern slot, and then do modifications with or without auto save activated, and or playing with the snapshot recall ( P + +/- if i remember)

1 Like

Oh yeah! I’ve not been messing with the snapshot function.

Thanks for the reminder :smiley:

1 Like

GPIO Board with
analog (pots)
Digital (Switch)
or Teensy Arduino Module

I just want an I/O expansion module. I LOVE my opz for a dawless mini setup but using a USBc hub + iRig + Zoom H1n + Midi keyboard + lav mic + Trrs splitter thing + what ever else hub connector adapter blah blah… gets to be a lot of cords and hassle

a simple I/O module with dedicated TS mono for instrument input (can use a cheap 1/4-1/8 adpater i guess), dedicated line in for synths etc, dedicated TRRS or TRS mic input, and extra usb c port would be so freakin clutch!

just those four would make the OPZ a real contender for the best mini/micro dawless setup. And the combination of those inputs and outputs would allow the opz to really expand into all kinds of live performances!

just my .02$

5 Likes

Kind of off topic, but how cool would it be in TE rebased a VST (or some other software) version of the OP-Z? I mean, ultimately it’s all software, so it’s easily possible. This then would allow you to finalize tracks within a DAW. You could do all the performing and writing in the unit itself, then open the project file in the VST for final mix down. This would allow for non-destructive mixing, you could do full automation, and a lot of other really cool options. This also would kind of negate the need for an I/O module. The biggest struggle I have with finalizing a track and creating a final mix-down for release is that if there is anything I want to go back and tweak, I have to re-record the whole performance. Which is not ideal.

Idk, what is everyone’s thoughts?

3 Likes

you could plug it straight to a daw and record the midi messages of all individual tracks and stereo USB audio in one session.

like 8 midi tracks and 2 Audio tracks.

then try different instruments on each track.

1 Like

That’s actually what I’m already doing. So if I have to go back and say, turn up the drums or something, I can just reinforce it with an additional sample via the recorded midi. It works well, but again, I’d be nicer to either have a multitrack out or a software version.

1 Like