Ideas for NEW MODULES ?!

How do you go with sync though with your DAW?

I had the OP-Z set as the input audio device. I configured the OP-Z as a midi device as well and routed each midi channel to a different midi track in my DAW. Midi has 16 channels, OP-Z has 16 tracks, each channel corresponds to a track. I then could record the audio and all sequenced midi at the same time.

Thanks!

Does the transport follow?

Which DAW do you use?

Got a video? I’d love to see it in action :slight_smile:

1 Like

A battery add-on is all I’d want :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah, you just have to configure clock in and out in the OP-Z midi and enable remote transport control on your DAW. You should be able to do that in any DAW, I personally use Ableton.

1 Like

I’m wishing for these for future firmwares!

My firmware update wishlist:

• Resampling and some sample mangling
  • Looping
  • Step components on all tracks (8-16)
  • Synth presets import/export.
4 Likes

This would be good for using pattern chains, and muting all tracks but the one being recorded. I have to manually log where mutes are per track on a sequence to track into the daw.

The VST would also be a great portal to op1fun samples to load into the Z.

I think is time for anything analog… either a module mono voice or some kind of analog effect… that’s what I would like to see next.

1 Like

i guess we‘ll see a big software update soon, hopefully with a full blown drum synth. :fire:

more plugs i guess.

4 Likes

YES…drum synth, pleaaaase.
Although I don’t know how it would fit into the system…there are only 2 controlable parameters for sound and they are all in specific channels.
Do you think it would be a different drumsynth engine for each of the drumchannels?

1 Like

would be nice to see some plugs which take care of their own 16 parameters instead of the same layout on every track.

it would be neat to have like 2 drum synth channels + sample channels just for drums.
same with Synth, instead of the different plugs which use the same layout they should combine all the recent engines into one plug and go on from that idea…like this the Synth engine with 2 parameter control of it’s voicing and the other one will have like 8 sine wave Oscillator Tuning on the first 2 pages + 4 knobs controlling Filter on the 3rd and the fourth page will be like a dual lfo.

this.

2 Likes

I fell that if TE came out with a mono ananlog synth module everyone would just complain about how expensive it is or how limited it is! It’s hard to please this crowd.
The op z is what it is, ya know? :thinking:
All i want are reasonable (in performance and price) modules that build on its character.
Modules like:
A battery, basic input and output module, different takes on the midi/cv module, A speaker with its own battery… things like that.

Ya’ll want laser light show, hd projector, 8 track recorder, brain wave module stuff! :rofl: i appreciate the ambition!

3 Likes

Pretty sure it already does the laser light show :slight_smile:

2 params could easily be expanded in the plug… No reason not to have more shift colours for more options… More colours are free at least :rofl:

1 Like

I’m all for it!

uh no, previous poster was talking about it actually having a laser light projector as a module dude. It def does not shoot lasers at the moment. It can program a light sequence, but you need hundreds of $ of extra gear. Poster was talking about a module with a laser inside that could project out from the op z

That would be cool for cat owners… :cat2:

2 Likes

Videomatic module. oh yes :cowboy_hat_face: :heart: :call_me_hand: :pray: something akin to the Photomatic to handle video.

1 Like

I would love to see a module which expands the synthesis options.

An FM synth module, wavetable module or granular synthesis module would be amazing. It would be especially nice if you could map channels 8-16 to this new module.

I think an FM synth module would be best. Probably easiest/cheapest to implement and the kind of sounds FM generates would be a good match for the OP-Z.

It would be neat if it could load DX patches like a little Volca FM module, but a 4op synth with more voices would probably be even better.

punji
That would be cool for cat owners… :cat2:

omg i can only imagine the millions of ridiculous cat memes and videos and awesome music laser cat shows…
i’m switching my vote to laser cat module :+1: :cat2: :fireworks:

1 Like